Improving United Nations capacity for rapid deployment [electronic resource] / H. Peter Langille.
- Other Title:
- Improving U. N. capacity for rapid deployment
Improving UN capacity for rapid deployment
JSTOR Security Studies.
- New York, N. Y. : International Peace Institute, 
- Providing for peacekeeping ; no. 8.
Providing for peacekeeping ; no. 8.
1 online resource
- United Nations. Security Council.
United Nations -- Peacekeeping forces.
United Nations -- Peacekeeping forces -- Finance.
United Nations -- Peacekeeping forces -- Management.
Intervention (International law).
Armed Forces -- Civic action.
Emergency management -- International cooperation.
- In English.
- "This report assesses the UN's capacity to rapidly deploy large peace operations by evaluating eight initiatives designed to reach this goal. It proposes the establishment of a UN "early mission headquarters" tool to expedite mission start-up and explores potentially promising partnerships for rapid deployment underway in Africa, Europe, and Latin America." -- From IPI website.
Standby arrangements system
Formed police unit standby initiative
Standing police capacity
Financial premiums and incentives
Global field support strategy
Enhanced rapidly deployable capacities
Early mission headquarters
Parnerships for rapid deployment
- "October 2014"
Includes bibliographical references.
- International Peace Institute, issuing body.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|