V-22 [electronic resource] : osprey or albatross / by Charles V. Pena.
- Other Title:
- JSTOR Security Studies.
- Washington, D.C. : Cato Institute, ©2003.
- Foreign policy briefing ; no. 72
1 online resource
- Military helicopters -- United States.
Airplanes, Military -- United States.
United States. Armed Forces.
Armed Forces (United States).
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web; requires Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- This document argues that the V-22, a tilt-rotor, vertical takeoff and landing military transport plane, is only slightly better than helicopters in terms of speed, range, and payload and costs four to five times as much. Further, it argues, some of its safety problems can only be solved by slowing its descent rate and making it more vulnerable to attack than helicopters are.
- Title from PDF title screen (viewed June 11, 2003).
- Cato Institute.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|