Ukraine [electronic resource] : quo vadis? / edited by Sabine Fischer.
- Other Title:
- JSTOR Security Studies.
- Paris : Institute for Security Studies, European Union, 2008.
- Chaillot papers ; no. 108.
Chaillot papers ; no. 108
1 online resource
- European Union.
Elite (Social sciences) -- Ukraine.
Democratization -- Ukraine.
Ukraine -- Politics and government.
Ukraine -- Foreign relations.
Ukraine -- History -- Orange Revolution, 2004.
Orange Revolution (Ukraine : 2004).
- "Ukraine is the litmus test for the European Neighbourhood Policy. Is it possible to extend democracy to countries that aspire to join the EU -- which is universally recognised as a laudable aim -- if the propsect of future EU membership is denied to them? Ukraine is no ordinary neighbour, as this Chaillot Paper potently illustrates, but is in the unique position of being a close neighbour of both the EU and Russian which has embarked on a course of far-reaching economic and political reforms. Under Sabine Fischer's guidance, the contributors to this paper, all of them renowened specialist in this field, take a hard look at the monumental task of making these reforms work ..."--Page 5.
- Preface / lvaro de Vasconcelos
Executive summary / Sabine Fischer
Ukrainian politics after the Orange Revolution : how far from democratic consolidation / Pawel Wolowski
A window to the world? : oligarchs and foreign policy in Ukraine / Rosaria Puglisi
Ukraine and its relations with the EU in the context of the European Neighbourhood Policy / Kataryna Wolczuk
Ukraine as a regional actor / Sabine Fischer
Annexes. About the authors. Abbreviations.
- "February 2008."
Includes bibliographical references.
- Fischer, Sabine.
Institute for Security Studies (Paris, France)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|