The handbook of advanced proficiency in second language acquisition [electronic resource] / edited by Paul A. Malovrh and Alessandro G. Benati.
- Hoboken, NJ : John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2018.
- Blackwell handbooks in linguistics.
Blackwell handbooks in linguistics
1 online resource.
- Second language acquisition -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Language and languages -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Intro; Title Page; Copyright Page; Contents; Notes on Contributors; Acknowledgments; Chapter 1 Introduction; Reference; Part I Advanced L2 Capacity: Orientations on Acquisition; Chapter 2 Systemic Functional Linguistics and Advanced Second Language Proficiency; Introduction; SFL-based assumptions about language and language development: Implications for the construct of L2 advancedness; SFL-based descriptions: Specifying L2 advancedness; SFL-inspired curriculum, pedagogy, and assessment: Fostering advanced L2 proficiency
Outlook: An agenda for the SFL-informed research on L2 advanced proficiencyNotes; References; Chapter 3 Psycholinguistic Approaches and Advanced Proficiency; Introduction; L2 parsing and advanced proficiency; Agreement processing and advanced proficiency; Conclusion; Notes; References; Chapter 4 What Does Critical Period Research Reveal about Advanced L2 Proficiency?; The relationship between Critical Period research and advanced L2 proficiency; Early results; Morphology and syntax; Lexis and collocations; L2 learning at advanced proficiency levels: Summary of findings
Types of items resistant to learning even at advanced proficiency levelsAvenues for future research; References; Chapter 5 Generative Approaches to Second Language (L2) Acquisition and Advanced L2 Proficiency; Introduction; Main tenets of generative linguistic theory; Generative approaches to L2 ultimate attainment; Conclusion; Acknowledgment; Notes; References; Chapter 6 Interaction-Driven L2 Learning: Advanced Learners; Introduction; The interaction approach; Interaction and advanced learners; Pedagogical implications; Conclusions and future directions; References
Chapter 7 Sociocultural Theory: Mediating Learners toward Advanced ProficiencyIntroduction; Principles of Sociocultural Theory; L2 education to promote advanced proficiency; Future directions; References; Part II Advanced Proficiency and Performance: Multiple Dimensions and Contexts; Chapter 8 Advanced-Level Grammatical Development in Instructed SLA; Introduction; Problematizing the interrelationships among advanced abilities, grammar, and instructed learning; Advancedness, where art thou?; Understanding and addressing local-level phenomena
Exploring the complex embeddedness of grammatical featuresObserving advanced-level grammatical abilities through the CAF lens; Understanding advancedness as a discourse phenomenon; Toward a functional understanding of grammar; Directions for future research; References; Chapter 9 Individual Differences in Advanced Proficiency; Introduction and literature review; Abroad experience; Heritage status; Use of authentic L2 resources outside of class; Motivation; Conclusion; Acknowledgment; References; Chapter 10 The Prior Language Experience of Heritage Bilinguals; Introduction
- Electronic reproduction. Hoboken, N.J. Available via World Wide Web.
Description based on online resource; title from digital title page (viewed on August 17, 2018).
- Malovrh, Paul A., editor.
Benati, Alessandro G., editor.
Wiley InterScience (Online service)
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|