Remaking the modern world 1900-2015 : global connections and comparisons / by Professor C. A. Bayly.
- Hoboken, NJ : John Wiley & Sons, 2018.
- Blackwell history of the world.
Blackwell history of the world
xx, 400 pages ; 24 cm
- History, Modern -- 20th century.
History, Modern -- 21st century.
- The world crisis, c. 1900-1930 : Europe and the 'Middle East'
The world crisis, c. 1900-30 : Africa, Asia and beyond
Authoritarianism and dictatorship worldwide, c. 1900-50
Democracies and their discontents, c. 1900-50
The depression : state intervention and popular resistance
The Second World War and its consequences
Peripheral conflicts and the end of old regimes, c. 1945-55
America's hegemony and colonialism's finale, mid-1950s to 1970s
The 'tipping point' : world politics and the shock of the 'long 1980s'
The expansion of human knowledge : the Twentieth century person and society
The self and human society
Arts, literature and entertainment : crisis and recovery
Religion : contestation and revival
A century of killing and a century of crime
Internationalism and trans-nationalism in theory and practice
The shadow of empire in the modern world
The pressure of people
Between two centuries : economic liberalisation and political fragmentation, c. 1991 to 2015.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other format:
- Online version: Bayly, C. A. (Christopher Alan), author. Remaking the modern world 1900-2015
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|