Bringing the fight back home [electronic resource] : Western foreign fighters in Iraq and Syria / by Dafna Rand, Anthony Vassalo.
- Other Title:
- Western foreign fighters in Iraq and Syria
JSTOR Security Studies.
- Washington, DC : Center for a New American Security, 2014.
- Policy brief (Center for a New American Security)
Policy brief (Center for a New American Security)
1 online resource
- Insurgency -- Syria.
Insurgency -- Iraq.
Terrorism -- Prevention -- International cooperation.
Special forces (Military science).
Radicalism -- Prevention -- International cooperation.
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This report argues that the changing dynamics on the ground in Iraq are accelerating the urgency of the threat from the approximately 3,000 foreign fighters with Western passports, including the over 100 Americans. These individuals, many of whom are young, self-radicalized fighters from Western Europe, are fighting with ISIS, al-Nusra and other Sunni extremist groups in Syria and Iraq. Even before the United States initiated military action in Iraq in mid-August, this threat was growing. This brief lays out the four areas where the United States and its allies are currently focused but where additional creativity, persistence and planning could amplify existing efforts.
- "August 2014."
Includes bibliographical references (pages 12-14).
Online resource; title from PDF caption (CNAS, viewed September 9, 2014).
- Vassalo, Anthony, author.
Center for a New American Security, publisher.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|