Dragon and eagle entangled [electronic resource] : Sino-US military exchanges, 2001-2016 / Jingdong Yuan.
- Other Title:
- Sino-US military exchanges, 2001-2016
Sino-U.S. military exchanges, 2001-2016
Sino-United States military exchanges, 2001-2016
JSTOR Security Studies.
- Barton ACT : Australian Strategic Policy Institute, 2017.
1 online resource
- United States -- Military relations -- China.
China -- Military relations -- United States.
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This ASPI Strategy takes stock of Sino-US military contacts over the past 15 years and provides some preliminary assessments of the evolution and implications of this critical aspect of perhaps the most important bilateral relationship in the world today. It seeks to achieve three objectives. First, it identifies, compares and discusses the rationales, expectations and approaches of the two militaries regarding the relationship. Second, it outlines and reviews bilateral Sino-US military contacts from 2001 to 2016, essentially covering both the George W Bush and Barack Obama administrations. Third, it analyses and evaluates US--China military ties over this period and provides some explanations of their promises, progress and pitfalls.
- Executive summary.
Sino-US military relations: what do Washington and Beijing want to achieve?
Sino-US military relations, 2001-2016: a brief overview.
Factors affecting bilateral military exchanges.
Limitations on Sino-US military relations.
Acronyms and abbreviations.
- "January 2017."
Includes bibliographical references (pages 35-46).
Online resource; title from PDF cover page (ASPI, viewed April 27, 2017).
- Australian Strategic Policy Institute, publisher.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|