ASEAN and its security offspring [electronic resource] : facing new challenges / Sheldon W. Simon.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Association of Southeast Asian Nations and its security offspring : facing new challenges
JSTOR Security Studies.
- [Carlisle Barracks, PA] : [Strategic Studies Institute, U.S. Army War College], 
- Global security challenges to U.S. interests.
Global security challenges to U.S. interests
- Government document
1 online resource
ASEAN Regional Forum.
Interregionalism -- Southeast Asia.
Security, International -- Southeast Asia.
ASEAN Regional Forum
- System Details:
- Master and use copy. Digital master created according to Benchmark for Faithful Digital Reproductions of Monographs and Serials, Version 1. Digital Library Federation, December 2002. http://purl.oclc.org/DLF/benchrepro0212
- Southeast Asian states within ASEAN agree that security relations with the great powers are best achieved by enmeshing the latter in ASEAN procedures. The primary goal of ASEAN is that China, Japan, the United States, and India commit to maintaining Southeast Asia's autonomy, integrity, and prosperity. ASEAN is less successful in resolving conflicts internal to the region including human rights in Burma, transnational terrorism, environmental concerns, human trafficking, and illegal arms trade. Sovereignty protection frequently trumps cooperation on these issues.
- ASEAN: has expansion led to the "Peter Principle?"
Nuclear weapons and Southeast Asia: the path not taken
The ASEAN Regional Forum: is the tail wagging the dog?
Other forms of regional security cooperation
- Title from title screen (viewed on Oct. 10, 2007).
Includes bibliographical references (pages 31-35).
Electronic reproduction. [S.l.] : HathiTrust Digital Library, 2011.
- Army War College (U.S.). Strategic Studies Institute.
- Other format:
- Simon, Sheldon W. ASEAN and its security offspring
Online version: Simon, Sheldon W., 1937- ASEAN and its security offspring.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|