Reviewing the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty [electronic resource] / Henry Sokolski, editor.
- Other Title:
- JSTOR Security Studies.
- Carlisle, PA : Strategic Studies Institute, U.S. Army War College, 
- War and Terrorism Collection.
War and Terrorism Collection
Military & Intelligence Database
- Government document
1 online resource
- Nuclear nonproliferation.
Nuclear arms control -- International cooperation.
- Electronic books.
- "As currently interpreted, it is difficult to see why the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty (NPT) warrants much support as a nonproliferation convention. Most foreign ministries, including that of Iran and the United States, insist that Article IV of the NPT recognizes all states' "inalienable right" of all states to develop "peaceful nuclear energy". This includes money-losing activities, such as nuclear fuel reprocessing, which can bring countries to the very brink of acquiring nuclear weapons. If the NPT is intended to ensure that states share peaceful "benefits" of nuclear energy and to prevent the spread of nuclear bomb making technologies, it is difficult to see how it can accomplish either if the interpretation identified above is correct."--Page 3.
- Introduction and Overview. The NPT's untapped potential to prevent nuclear proliferation / Henry Sokolski
The Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty and its history. The treaty on the Nonproliferation of Nuclear Weapons (text)
What does the history of the NPT tell us about its future? / Henry Sokolski
The NPT and nuclear weapons : Articles I, II, and VI. How will the nuclear weapons story end? / Victor Gilinsky
Moving toward zero and Armageddon? / Henry Sokolski
The NPT and nuclear safeguards : Article III. Peaceful nuclear energy and the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty / Eldon V.C. Greenberg
Spreading the bomb without quite breaking the rules / Albert Wohstetter
Falling behind : international scrutiny of the peaceful atom / Henry Sokolski
The rights and benefits of peaceful nuclear energy : Articles IV and V. It's called nonproliferation / Henry Sokolski and George Perkovich
The three qualifications of Article IV's "inalienable right" / Robert Zarate
Nuclear technology rights and wrongs : the NPT, Article IV, and nonproliferation / Christopher Ford
Economics of nuclear power and proliferation risks in a carbon constrained world / Jim Harding
Withdrawing from and enforcing the NPT : Article X. Locking down the NPT / Henry Sokolski and Victor Gilinsky
Enforcing the NPT and IAEA compliance / Pierre Goldschmidt.
- Title from title screen (viewed May 12, 2010).
Includes bibliographical references (pages 437-441).
- Sokolski, Henry D.
Army War College (U.S.). Strategic Studies Institute.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|