Global climate change [electronic resource] : national security implications / Carolyn Pumphrey, editor.
- Other Title:
- JSTOR Security Studies.
- [Carlisle Barracks, Pa.] : [Strategic Studies Institute, U.S. Army War College], 
- War and Terrorism Collection.
War and Terrorism Collection
Military & Intelligence Database
- Government document
1 online resource
- Climatic changes -- Forecasting.
Climatic changes -- Social aspects.
International relations -- Forecasting.
National security -- United States.
Greenhouse effect, Atmospheric.
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- Master and use copy. Digital master created according to Benchmark for Faithful Digital Reproductions of Monographs and Serials, Version 1. Digital Library Federation, December 2002. http://purl.oclc.org/DLF/benchrepro0212
- "On March 30-31, 2007, the Strategic Studies Institute (SSI) and the Triangle Institute for Security Studies (TISS) held a colloquium on 'Global Climate Change: National Security Implications' ... This edited volume is based on this event. It reflects, as closely as possible, the form and content of the conference"--Preface.
- Defining the problem
A National Security Issue? How People Tried to Frame Global Warming /Spencer R. Weart
The Science of Climate Change / Robert W. Corell
A Threat Assessment / Richard A. Matthew
Commentator / James A. Rotenberg
Water, Climate Change, and Human Security / Erika Weinthal
On Climate Change and Infectious Disease : Implications for Political Destabilization and Conflict / Andrew Price-Smith
Climate Change, Population Movements, and Conflict / Timothy J. McKeown
Commentator / David Gilmartin
U.S. National Defense
Climate Change : Complicating the Struggle against Extremist Ideology / Kent Hughes Butts
Under What Conditions Could Climate Change Pose a Threat to U.S. National Security? / Joshua Busby
The "Perfect Storm" / John T. Ackerman
Commentator / Gregory M. Douquet
Meeting the challenge.
International Diplomacy / Dennis Tanzler
Meeting the Challenge of Climate Change : The Role of the Corporation / Simon Rich
Climate Change in the American Mind / Anthony Leiserowitz
Commentator / Marvin S. Soroos
Preparing for a changed environment
Achilles' Other Heel : Early Warning Systems / Michael H. Glantz
Good Governance and Stability / Robert H. Dorff
Defense Planning / Henry H. Gaffney, Jr.
Commentator / William Schlesinger
Opportunities or obstacles for the military
Climate, Energy, and Security
a Related Set of Challenges / E. Thomas Morehouse, Jr.
Military Technology and Renewable Energy / David A. Sheets
Warfare and Climate Change / Karen Lesley Hulme
Commentator / Christopher H. Schroeder
The U.S. Military : Planning for the future
The Role of the Military in Civil Support / Bert B. Tussing
Peace Operations / William L. Nash
The Strategic Challenges of the U.S. Army in the Face of Global Climate Change / Douglas V. Johnson II
Commentator / Richard J. Kilroy, Jr.
Keynote and summation
Keynote Address / Paul J. Kern
Synopsis and Concluding Remarks / Richard Weitz.
- Title from title screen (viewed May 2, 2008).
Includes bibliographical references.
Electronic reproduction. [S.l.] : HathiTrust Digital Library, 2010.
- Army War College (U.S.). Strategic Studies Institute.
Triangle Institute for Security Studies.
- Other format:
- Print version: Pumphrey, Carolyn W. (Carolyn Wilson), 1955- Global climate change.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|