A US Strategy for Building Defense and Deterrence in the Baltic States [electronic resource] / Damon Wilson and Magnus Nordenman.
- Other Title:
- U.S. Strategy for Building Defense and Deterrence in the Baltic States
United States Strategy for Building Defense and Deterrence in the Baltic States
JSTOR Security Studies.
- Washington, D.C. : Atlantic Council, 
- Issue brief (Atlantic Council of the United States)
Issue brief / Brent Scowcroft Center on International Security
1 online resource
- North Atlantic Treaty Organization -- Armed Forces -- Operational readiness.
National security -- Baltic States -- International cooperation.
Baltic States -- Defenses -- 21st century.
Baltic States -- Strategic aspects.
United States -- Military policy.
Military planning -- Stability operations -- 21st century.
- "Since the start of the Ukraine crisis, the Baltic States have come into sharp focus as a key friction zone between a much more assertive Russia on the one hand, and the United States, NATO, and the broader transatlantic community on the other. NATO and the United States have made promising first steps to better secure the Baltic States and the surrounding region. But meeting the challenge of an assertive Russia under Vladimir Putin will require a long-term strategy by NATO, and the United States in particular. In this piece, the Atlantic Council's Damon Wilson and Magnus Nordenman argue that a coherent strategy for the region must be built on a clear vision, a determined force posture, regional cooperation, and a focused program--supported by resources from across the Alliance--to build Baltic deterrent capabilities. These efforts, backed by strong US leadership, will ensure northeast Europe remains stable, secure, and prosperous"--Publisher's description.
- Defense and Deterrence in the Baltic State
The United States and the Baltic States
The Way Forward: Political Vision
- "June 3, 2016"--Table of contents page.
Includes bibliographical references.
Online resource; title from PDF title caption (Atlantic Council, viewed June 15, 2016).
- Nordenman, Magnus, author.
Atlantic Council of the United States. Brent Scowcroft Center on International Security, issuing body, publisher.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|