Accelerated Path to Cures / edited by Josep Bassaganya-Riera.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2018.
1 online resource (VIII, 82 pages) : 11 illustrations in color.
- Local subjects:
- Biomedicine. (search)
Computational Biology/Bioinformatics. (search)
Health Informatics. (search)
Computer Appl. in Life Sciences. (search)
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- Accelerated Path to Cures provides a transformative perspective on the power of combining advanced computational technologies, modeling, bioinformatics and machine learning approaches with nonclinical and clinical experimentation to accelerate drug development. This book discusses the application of advanced modeling technologies, from target identification and validation to nonclinical studies in animals to Phase 1-3 human clinical trials and post-approval monitoring, as alternative models of drug development. As a case of successful integration of computational modeling and drug development, we discuss the development of oral small molecule therapeutics for inflammatory bowel disease, from the application of docking studies to screening new chemical entities to the development of next-generation in silico human clinical trials from large-scale clinical data. Additionally, this book illustrates how modeling techniques, machine learning, and informatics can be utilized effectively at each stage of drug development to advance the progress towards predictive, preventive, personalized, precision medicine, and thus provide a successful framework for Path to Cures. .
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Accelerated Path to Cures and Precision Medicine in Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Chapter 2: Computer-Aided Drug Discovery
Chapter 3: Preclinical Studies: Efficacy and Safety
Chapter 4: From Nutritional Immunology to Drug Development
Chapter 5: Development of Synthetic Patient Populations and In Silico Clinical Trials.
- Bassaganya-Riera, Josep. editor.
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-319-73238-1 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|