Global Bariatric Surgery [electronic resource] : The Art of Weight Loss Across the Borders / edited by Rami Lutfi, Mariano Palermo, Guy-Bernard Cadière.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2018.
1 online resource (XXIII, 523 pages) : 249 illustrations, 207 illustrations in color
Medicine -- Practice.
- Local subjects:
- General Surgery.
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This book methodically covers the technique, and results of laparoscopic bariatric and metabolic surgery. Aspiring to be wide-ranging, the content includes developments as well as basic standardized techniques, likely occurring complications, described to help practicians avoid dangerous pitfalls. The editors included such topics as the relationship between obesity and cancer, the use of surgery in adolescents, preparation and follow-up care, as well as the use of interventional radiology. The latest scientific evidence concerning endoscopy, radiology, robotics and pharmaceuticals, is presented in detail. Comprehensive varying opinions on the management of sleeve gastrectomy, weight regain, gastric bypass and complex revisions are unique to this tome. Not only are differing surgical perspectives presented, but physicians, endoscopists and researchers also describe alternative methods of management, in complications, future treatments, and understanding of the disease. Global Bariatric Surgery: The Art of Weight Loss Across the Borders serves as a valuable reference source for surgeons and practitioners in need of the most up-to-date information on bariatric and metabolic surgery with all its known facets. .
- History of Bariatric Surgery
Bariatric Surgery – Current state of affairs
Accreditation, Quality and Centers of Excellence
Global Certifications for Surgeons and Centers
Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery in Latin America
Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery in the Middle East
Single Anastomosis Gastric Bypass
Single Anastomosis Duodenal Switch
Vagal Nerve Control of Appetite, Energy, Regulation and Body Weight
Revision after Gastric Banding
Revision after Sleeve Gastrectomy
Complications of Gastric Bands
Acute and Subacute Leaks
Chronic Leaks and Fistulas
Intolerance to Oral intake, Refractory Nausea and Vomiting
Postoperative Gastro-Esophageal Reflux Disease
Building Bariatric Endoscopy Practice for the Surgeon
Endoscopic bariatric therapies
Endoscopic Management of Complications
Bariatric Surgery in Adolescence
Large ventral hernias
Post Bariatric Body Contouring
The Super Super Obese
Optimizing the Staple Line
Preoperative Preparation and Workup
Medical Management of Obesity
Metabolic Surgery, Reality or Myth?
Is Type 2 Diabetes A Surgical Disease?
Biliary disease and Bariatric Surgery
Gastro-Esophageal Reflux Disease
Obesity and Cancer
Bariatric Surgery and Cancer
Bariatric Surgery and Transplantation
Interventional Radiology, Is there a Role For The Surgeon?
Accommodating Research in Busy Bariatric Practice
Proper Approach to New Bariatric Procedures.
- Lutfi, Rami, editor., Editor,
Palermo, Mariano, editor., Editor,
Cadiere, G. B., editor., Editor,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-319-93545-4 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|