Historical dictionary of modern Italy / Mark F. Gilbert, K. Robert Nilsson.
- 2nd ed.
- Lanham, Maryland ; Toronto, [Ontario] ; Plymouth, England : The Scarecrow Press, Inc., 2007. , ©2007
- Historical dictionaries of Europe ; 58.
Historical Dictionaries of Europe ; No. 58
1 online resource (548 p.)
- Italy -- History -- 1870-1914 -- Dictionaries.
Italy -- History -- 20th century -- Dictionaries.
- Electronic books.
- Italy is a country that exercises a hold on the imagination of people all over the world. Its long history has left an inexhaustible treasure chest of cultural achievement. The historic cities of Rome, Florence, and Venice are among the most sought-after destinations in the world for tourists and art lovers, and Italy's natural beauty and cuisine are rightly renowned. Italy's history and politics are also a source of endless fascination. Modern Italy has consistently been a political laboratory for the rest of Europe. In the 19th century, Italian patriotism was of crucial importance in the str
- Title Page; Copyright Page; Dedication; Contents; Editor's Foreword Jon Woronoff; Acknowledgments; Acronyms and Abbreviations; Map; Chronology; Introduction; THE DICTIONARY; Appendixes; Bibliography; About the Author
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references.
Description based on print version record.
- Nilsson, K. Robert, 1927- author.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|