Uncle Tom's cabin / Harriet Beecher Stowe.
- Other records:
- New York, New York : Open Road Media Integrated Media, 2014.
1 online resource (830 p.)
- Uncle Tom (Fictitious character) -- Fiction.
- Electronic books.
- Harriet Beecher Stowe's antislavery classic helped sow the seeds of abolition across the nation and became the bestselling novel of the nineteenth century Since its publication in 1852, Harriet Beecher Stowe's novel has been instrumental in shaping American attitudes about slavery and race. Throughout its long publication history, this remarkable novel has been both beloved and criticized, and its impact on antebellum cultural attitudes cannot be denied. With a diverse and memorable cast of characters, this sentimental novel depicts both the grim realities of slavery and the tremendous streng
- Cover; Title Page; VOLUME I; CHAPTER I: In Which the Reader Is Introduced to a Man of Humanity; CHAPTER II: The Mother; CHAPTER III: The Husband and Father; CHAPTER IV: An Evening in Uncle Tom's Cabin; CHAPTER V: Showing the Feelings of Living Property on Changing Owners; CHAPTER VI: Discovery; CHAPTER VII: The Mother's Struggle; CHAPTER VIII: Eliza's Escape; CHAPTER IX: In Which It Appears That a Senator Is But a Man; CHAPTER X: The Property Is Carried Off; CHAPTER XI: In Which Property Gets into an Improper State of Mind; CHAPTER XII: Select Incident of Lawful Trade
CHAPTER XIII: The Quaker SettlementCHAPTER XIV: Evangeline; CHAPTER XV: Of Tom's New Master, and Various Other Matters; CHAPTER XVI: Tom's Mistress and Her Opinions; CHAPTER XVII: The Freeman's Defence; CHAPTER XVIII: Miss Ophelia's Experiences and Opinions; VOLUME II; CHAPTER XIX: Miss Ophelia's Experiences and Opinions Continued; CHAPTER XX: Topsy; CHAPTER XXI: Kentuck; CHAPTER XXII: "The Grass Withereth-the Flower Fadeth"; CHAPTER XXIII: Henrique; CHAPTER XXIV: Foreshadowings; CHAPTER XXV: The Little Evangelist; CHAPTER XXVI: Death; CHAPTER XXVII: "This Is the Last of Earth"
CHAPTER XXVIII: ReunionCHAPTER XXIX: The Unprotected; CHAPTER XXX: The Slave Warehouse; CHAPTER XXXI: The Middle Passage; CHAPTER XXXII: Dark Places; CHAPTER XXXIII: Cassy; CHAPTER XXXIV: The Quadroon's Story; CHAPTER XXXV: The Tokens; CHAPTER XXXVI: Emmeline and Cassy; CHAPTER XXXVII: Liberty; CHAPTER XXXVIII: The Victory; CHAPTER XXXIX: The Stratagem; CHAPTER XL: The Martyr; CHAPTER XLI: The Young Master; CHAPTER XLII: An Authentic Ghost Story; CHAPTER XLIII: Results; CHAPTER XLIV: The Liberator; CHAPTER XLV: Concluding Remarks; Copyright
- Description based upon print version of record.
Description based on print version record.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|