Management of Wilson Disease [electronic resource] : A Pocket Guide / edited by Michael L. Schilsky.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Humana Press, 2018.
- Clinical Gastroenterology, 2197-7399
Clinical Gastroenterology, 2197-7399
1 online resource (X, 250 pages) : 19 illustrations in color
- Local subjects:
- Gastroenterology. (search)
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This pocket guide provides a concise yet comprehensive overview of the pathogenesis, treatment, and management of Wilson disease. Drawing upon expertise from the Center of Excellence at Yale University in liver disease, neurology, and psychiatry for adult and pediatric patients, as well as dieticians, clinical trial coordinators, representatives from the Wilson Disease Association and outside experts from the US and UK as well, this guide provides a balanced and easy to digest approach to understanding treatment and care for Wilson disease patients. The text reviews different treatment options and other care needed to address clinical symptoms, as well as the testing needed for monitoring efficacy and adherence. Furthermore, the volume discusses these issues in the context of a best care model, which is an integrative care model where patients and their caregivers partner with Centers of Excellence with expertise in this rare disorder, to achieve best long-term outcomes. Written by experts in the field, Management of Wilson Disease: A Pocket Guide is a valuable resource for clinicians and primary care physicians who treat patients with Wilson disease.
- Introduction to Copper Metabolism and Wilson disease
Diagnosis Confirmation and Screening of Wilson disease
Treatment Options for Wilson disease
Dietary Copper and Diet Issues for Patients with Wilson disease
Treating other Symptoms of Wilson Disease: The Liver
Treatment of Neurological Symptoms in Wilson disease
Psychiatric Aspects of Wilson disease
Monitoring Treatment of Wilson disease
Unique Pediatric Aspects of Wilson disease
Wilson disease: Special Circumstances
Liver Transplantation for Wilson disease
Partnering for Care of Wilson disease
Clinical Research Participation
The Social and Emotional Impact of Wilson disease on Patients and Families.
- Schilsky, Michael L. editor., Editor,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-319-91527-2 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|