La province de Québec / par Andre Beaulieu et William F. E. Morley ; avec la collaboration de Benoit Bernier et Agathe Garon.
- Toronto, [Ontario] ; Buffalo, [New York] : University of Toronto Press, 1971.
- Canadian local histories to 1950-- a bibliography ; 2.
Histoires locales et régionales canadiennes des origines à 1950 ; 2 = Canadian Local Histories to 1950: A Bibliography
1 online resource (438 p.)
- Québec (Province) -- History -- Bibliography.
- Electronic books.
- Comprend du texte en anglais.
- There is no doubt that local and regional history, considered by many as a kind of minor historical study, has a pressing need for a systematic inventory of its resources. This collection shows the durability, the vividness, and the astonishing productivity of a sector of history which is the stronghold of the history-lover rather than the professional historian.The nature and content of each book determines its selection. For each book included, the compilers have weighed its contribution to local history and regional history rather than the style in which it is written—narrative, memoir, descriptive study, or novel. It is this criterion of selection that has permitted the retention of several general histories of a varied nature—Bouchette, Charlevoix, Nicholas Denys, La Potherie, Lescarbot, Hanotaux, Sulte, etc.— where local and regional life takes on a major importance for reasons of order in history, method, or quite simply because local life is the principal object of the study itself. The editors have also retained certain works—those of George W. Brown, Arthur Buies, George M. Grant, Blodwen Davies, etc.—because they are primarily descriptive and contain numerous elements in which local history blends with the manners and customs of the inhabitants of certain regions.This bibliography is designed primarily for historiographers who have until now paid little attention to local, regional, or parochial history. It will also be invaluable for librarians who suffer from the numerous difficulties involved in the classification of such works. Since 1950, all works published in Canada are, by virtue of the book deposit law, provided to the National Library of Canada, and recorded in Canadiana.
Table des matiéres
Table des illustrations
Sources bibliographiques et ouvrages de référence consultés
Sigles des bibliothéques mentionnées
Chapitre I. Le Québec
Chapitre II. Les régions
Chapitre III. Les comtés
Chapitre IV. Municipalités, cites et villes
Chapitre V. Les seigneuries
Chapitre VI. Les diocéses
Chapitre VII. Paroisses et missions
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (ebrary, viewed September 20, 2016).
- Morley, William F. E., author.
Bernier, Benoit, contributor.
Garon, Agathe, contributor.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.3138/9781442656734 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|