Urban Systems Development in Central Canada : Selected Papers / Larry Bourne, Ross MacKinnon.
- Toronto : University of Toronto Press, 
- Research publications (University of Toronto. Department of Geography) ; 9.
1 online resource (260 p.)
- Cities and towns -- Ontario.
Cities and towns -- Québec (Province)
- Electronic books.
- This anthology of research is divided into five sections: definition of the urban system, structural characteristics, distribution of urban growth, transportation networks and interaction between cities, and the impact of growth on urban behaviour and the rural economy. Each section is preceded by the editors' comments. This is an excellent general reference on urbanization in Canada; it complements existing and largely American-based texts and should stimulate the student's interest in research on the unique Canadian urban milieu.(Department of Geography Research Publication 9)
I. Definition and Behaviour of the Urban System
II. Structural Characteristics of the Urban System
III. Growth Characteristics of the Urban System
IV. Transportation Networks and Interaction Within the Urban System
V. Implications of Urban System Growth in Rural Areas
- Includes bibliographical references.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 23. Jul 2020)
- Bourne, Larry, editor., Editor,
MacKinnon, Ross, editor., Editor,
- Publisher Number:
- 10.3138/9781442632325 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|