Historical dictionary of boxing / John Grasso.
- Lanham, MD : Scarecrow Press, Inc., wholly owned subsidiary of The Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group, Inc., 2014.
- Historical Dictionaries of Sports
Historical dictionaries of sports
Historical Dictionaries of Sports
1 online resource (589 p.)
- Boxing -- History -- Dictionaries.
- Electronic books.
- The Historical Dictionary of Boxing focuses on the as champions of boxing along with the lesser-known boxers who helped shape this sport. More of these boxers come from the United States but there are others from Europe, Asia and Latin America, and there are also entries on the major boxing countries as well. Plus entries on the rules, on the organizations, and on the technical terminology and jargon you have to know just to follow the bouts. The introduction provides a broad view of boxing's history while the chronology traces
- Contents; Editor's Foreword; Preface; Reader's Note; Acronyms and Abbreviations; Chronology; Introduction; THE DICTIONARY; A; B; C; D; E; F; G; H; I; J; K; L; M; N; O; P; Q; R; S; T; U; V; W; Y; Z; Appendix A; Appendix B; Appendix C; Appendix D; Appendix E; Appendix F; Appendix G; Appendix H; Appendix I; Appendix J; Appendix K; Appendix L; Appendix M; Bibliography; About the Author
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references.
Description based on print version record.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|