Unauthorized entry : the truth about Nazi war criminals in Canada, 1946-1956 / Howard Margolian.
- Toronto, [Ontario] ; Buffalo, [New York] ; London, [England] : University of Toronto Press, 2000.
1 online resource (336 p.)
- War criminals -- Canada.
War criminals -- Germany.
Nazis -- Canada.
Refugees -- Government policy -- Canada.
Refugees -- Europe -- History -- 20th century.
Canada -- Emigration and immigration -- Government policy -- History -- 20th century.
- Electronic books.
- Is Canada a haven for Nazi war criminals? War crimes advocacy groups, the media, and even a royal commission have suggested it is. Margolian challenges that theory, disproving accusations of government indifference and complicity to lay the blame where it belongs-on the war criminals themselves. Impeccably researched and engagingly written, this book is sure to make waves, both within the public at large and among advocacy groups on both sides of the war crimes issue.
2. Fortress Canada
3. Test Cases
4. The Door Ajar
5. No Safe Haven, 1947-1951
6. Exceptions That Proved the Rule
7. The Diminishing Threat
8. The Era of Risk Management, 1951 -1956
9. Undiplomatic Passports
APPENDIX. Immigration Screening as a Research Problem: The Sources and Their Limitations
Selected List of Primary Sources
- Bibliographic Level Mode of Issuance: Monograph
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.3138/9781442682832 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|