1000 erotic works of genius / autoren, Hans-Jürgen Döpp (Einleitung), Joe A. Thomas (Kapitel Einleitungen) und Victoria Charles ; Übersetzung, Dr. Martin Goch.
- Other Title:
- One thousand erotic works of genius
- [New York, New York] : Parkstone International, 2014. , ©
1 online resource (544 p.)
- Erotic art -- Exhibitions.
Erotic art -- History.
Sex in art -- Exhibitions.
- Electronic books.
- Different eras and civilisations have treated erotic images with varying acceptance and different concepts of erotica and these tendencies are reflected within the works themselves. From ancient statues devoted to fertility to Renaissance engravings designed to encourage procreation within marriage, erotic art has always held an important place in society. Here, for the first time, 1,000 authentic images of erotic art have been brought together, spanning the centuries and civilisations to demonstrate the evolution of the genre. In an era such as ours when eroticism is abundant in advertising a
- Contents; Introduction; From Prehistory and Primitive Forms to Antiquity and the Perfection of the Body; The Middle Ages: A Return to Prudery; The Renaissance: The Golden Age of the Body 1453-1563; The Elegance of the Body 1563-1810; Realism and the Body 1810-1922; The Decades of Promise 1922-1960; The Revolution of the Body 1960-2000s; Chronology; Index
- Includes index.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (ebrary, viewed February 16, 2015).
- Döpp, Hans-Jürgen, author of introduction, etc.
Thomas, Joe A., author of introduction, etc.
Goch, Martin, translator.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|