Frantz Fanon, my brother : doctor, playwright, revolutionary / Joby Fanon ; translated by Daniel Nethery.
- Lanham, Maryland : Lexington Books, 2014.
- Critical Africana studies.
Critical Africana Studies : African, African American, and Caribbean Interdisciplinary and Intersectional Studies
1 online resource (156 p.)
- Fanon, Frantz, 1925-1961.
Revolutionaries -- Algeria -- Biography.
Intellectuals -- Algeria -- Biography.
Psychiatrists -- Algeria -- Biography.
Algeria -- Biography.
- Electronic books.
- Frantz Fanon stands as one of the most uncompromising critics of racism and colonialism. Translated into English by Daniel Nethery, this biography by Fanon''s brother, Joby, is an intimate, passionate, and very human account of one of the most influential thinkers of the twentieth century.
- Frantz Fanon, My Brother; Contents; Foreword; 1. Preface; 2. Our Family; 3. Our Youth in Fort-de-France; 4. Our Schooling during the War; 5. Dissidence; 6. The Soldier; 7. Frantz and His Family; 8. Return to Martinique after the War; 9. Studies in France; 10. The Death of Our Father; 11. A Vacation in Nantua; 12. The Playwright; 13. Black Skin, White Masks; 14. The General Practitioner; 15. Blida; 16. Gabrielle; 17. The First Congress of Black Writers; 18. The Second Congress; 19. Tunis; 20. A Telegram; 21. Death and Burial; 22. Fanon and Martinique; 23. Fanon and Humanism; Notes
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
- Nethery, Daniel, translator.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|