The food section : newspaper women and the culinary community / Kimberly Wilmot Voss.
- Lanham, Maryland : Rowman & Littlefield, 2014.
- Studies in food and gastronomy.
Rowman & Littlefield Studies in Food and Gastronomy
1 online resource (253 p.)
- Food writing -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
Newspapers -- United States -- Sections, columns, etc. -- Food -- History -- 20th century.
Women in journalism -- United States.
Food writers -- United States.
- Electronic books.
- Before blogs and tweeting and websites, food mavens looked to magazines and newspapers for information on food and recipes. This book traces the history of the newspaper food section and celebrates the women who were pioneer journalists, reporting and writing on the food issues and concerns of the day.
- Contents; Acknowledgments; Preface; 1 The Origins of Food Journalismin US Newspapers; 2 Food and Food Journalism during and after World War II; 3 Food Journalism and the Rise of Consumer Activism; 4 Cookbooks, Exchanging Recipes, and Competitive Cooking; 5 Home Economics; 6 The Restaurant Reviewer as Journalist; 7 The Death of the Women's Pages; Appendix; Notes; Selected Bibliography; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|