Cytoskeleton Methods and Protocols [electronic resource] / edited by Ray H. Gavin.
- Totowa, NJ : Humana Press, 2010.
- Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods and Protocols, 1064-3745 ; 586
Springer Protocols (Springer-12345)
Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods and Protocols, 1064-3745 ; 586
1 online resource (XII, 391 pages) : 77 illustrations.
- Life sciences.
- Local subjects:
- Life Sciences.
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- In the ten years since the publication of the first edition, great advances in fluorescent labeling, optics, and sample preparation have significantly improved the imaging capability of microscopy, allowing for a continual refinement of our understanding of the cytoskeleton as a dynamic synergy of components. In Cytoskeleton Methods and Protocols, Second Edition, internationally renowned experts present techniques which reflect many of the recent technological advances in experimental tools for cytoskeleton research with emphasis on animal, plant, protist, and fungal model systems. This cutting-edge volume contains methods for live-cell imaging, fluorescence microscopy, electron microscopy, analysis of cell and organelle motility, isolation of cytoskeleton components, and proteomics, amongst other topics. As a volume in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ series, chapters incorporate introductions to their respective subjects, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and notes that provide unpublished technical information on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Up-to-date and comprehensive, Cytoskeleton Methods and Protocols, Second Edition serves as an ideal guide to scientists who wish to continue this fruitful and important biological research.
- Live-Cell Imaging of the Cytoskeleton
High Resolution Multimode Light Microscopy of Cell Migration: Long-Term Imaging and Analysis
Imaging the Cytoskeleton in Live Xenopus laevis Embryos
Live-Cell Imaging of the Cytoskeleton and Mitochondrial-Cytoskeletal Interactions in Budding Yeast
Dynamics of Actin Filaments and Microtubules
Jasplakinolide: An Actin-Specific Reagent that Promotes Actin Polymerization
Analysis of Centrosome Function and Microtubule Dynamics by Time-Lapse Microscopy in Xenopus Egg Extracts
Fluorescence Microscopy Protocols for Investigating Cytoskeleton Components
Quantitative Fluorescence Microscopy Techniques
A FRET-Based Approach for Studying Conformational Changes of a Cytoskeleton-Related Tumor Suppressor Molecule
Sample Preparation for Fluorescence Imaging of the Cytoskeleton in Fixed and Living Plant Roots
Imaging of the Cytoskeleton and Mitochondria in Fixed Budding Yeast Cells
Electron Microscopy Protocols for Imaging the Cytoskeleton
Imaging Cytoskeleton Components by Electron Microscopy
Purification and Localization of Intraflagellar Transport Particles and Polypeptides
High Pressure Freezing, Electron Microscopy, and Immuno-Electron Microscopy of Tetrahymena thermophila Basal Bodies
Strategies for Imaging Microtubules in Plant Cells
Analysis of Cell and Organelle Motility
A Rapid Tracking Method for the Quantitative Analysis of Organelle Streaming Velocity
Melanosome Motility in Fish Retinal Pigment Epithelial Cells
Analysis of Properties of Cilia Using Tetrahymena thermophila
Application of Cell Traction Force Microscopy for Cell Biology Research
2D and 3D Quantitative Analysis of Cell Motility and Cytoskeletal Dynamics
Detergent-Extracted Models for the Study of Cilia or Flagella
Genetic and Proteomics Approaches for Cytoskeleton Protein Function
The Analysis of Intermediate Filament Dynamics Using Transfections and Cell Fusions
Functional Analysis of Actin-Binding Proteins in the Central Nervous System of Drosophila
Proteomic Tools for the Analysis of Cytoskeleton Proteins.
- Gavin, Ray H. editor.
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-1-60761-376-3 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|