Statistical Human Genetics [electronic resource] : Methods and Protocols / edited by Robert C. Elston, Jaya M. Satagopan, Shuying Sun.
- Totowa, NJ : Humana Press, 2012.
- Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods and Protocols, 1064-3745 ; 850
Springer Protocols (Springer-12345)
Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods and Protocols, 1064-3745 ; 850
1 online resource (XI, 564 pages) : 103 illustrations, 13 illustrations in color.
- Life sciences.
- Local subjects:
- Life Sciences. (search)
Animal Genetics and Genomics. (search)
Human Genetics. (search)
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- Recent advances in genetics over the last quarter of a century, especially in molecular techniques, have dramatically reduced the cost of determining genetic markers and hence opened up a field of research that is increasingly helping to detect, prevent and/or cure many diseases that afflict humans. In Statistical Human Genetics: Methods and Protocols expert researchers in the field describe statistical methods and computer programs in the detail necessary to make them more easily accessible to the beginner analyzing data. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ series format, with examples of running the programs and interpreting the program outputs, the chapters include the kind of detailed description and implementation advice that is crucial for getting optimal results from human genetic data collected in the laboratory. Thorough and as much as possible intuitive, Statistical Human Genetics: Methods and Protocols aids scientists in understanding the computer programs and analytical procedures they need to use.
- Elston, Robert C. editor.
Satagopan, Jaya M. editor.
Sun, Shuying. editor.
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-1-61779-555-8 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|