The Maze Book [electronic resource] : Theories, Practice, and Protocols for Testing Rodent Cognition / edited by Heather A. Bimonte-Nelson.
- New York, NY : Springer New York : Imprint: Humana Press, 2015.
- Neuromethods, 0893-2336 ; 94
Springer Protocols (Springer-12345)
Neuromethods, 0893-2336 ; 94
1 online resource (XVIII, 457 pages) : 75 illustrations, 46 illustrations in color.
- Local subjects:
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This vibrant collection delivers a laboratory roadmap of testing cognition in the rodent. While rodents and mazes are the main center and focus of this book, many aspects in the field of learning and memory are discussed and detailed, spanning from the molecular to the human, with every chapter delivering a comprehensive review of historical milestones in order to provide context for past discoveries, new findings, and future studies. Didactic foundations, operational definitions, and theory, as well as practical experimental and apparatus set-up, data analysis, and interpretation instructions are included in the first part of the book, while part two contains step-by-step protocols, troubleshooting, and tips from experts in the field. Authoritative and inspirational, The Maze Book: Theories, Practice, and Protocols for Testing Rodent Cognition serves as a detailed and practical manual for scientists wishing to implement these tools in their laboratories and for scholars interested in this powerful field.
- Rodent Mazes and Memory: Continuing the Search for the Engram
Behavioral Consequences of Early Disruption and Injury to the Developing Brain: Studying Rodent Models
Insights into Age-Related Cognitive Decline: Coupling Neurophysiological and Behavioral Approaches
Organization and Structure of Brain Systems Supporting Memory
Pharmacologically Manipulating Learning and Memory
Stress and Spatial Maze Performance in the Rat
Genetically Modified Rodent Models: A New Generation of Translational Cognitive Science
Epigenetics of Cognition and Neurodegenerative Disorders
The Importance of Incorporating Both Sexes and Embracing Hormonal Diversity When Conducting Rodent Behavioral Assays
A Primer of Methods in Biobehavioral Research: Improving a Study's Design, Analysis, and Write Up
Optimal Guidelines for Monitoring and Maintaining Rodent Health for Behavioral Research: What's Right with My Rodent?
General Water-Escape Maze Testing Necessities and Guidelines for Rodents
Water Radial-Arm Maze: 4 out of 8 Arms Platformed Protocol for Rodents
Water Radial-Arm Maze: 7 Out of 8 Arms Platformed Protocol for Rodents
Land Radial-Arm Maze: 8 Out of 8 Arms Baited with Food Protocol for Rodents
Delayed Match to Sample Protocol for Rodents
Morris Maze Protocol for Rodents
The Visible Platform Protocol for Rodents.
- Bimonte-Nelson, Heather A. editor., Editor,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-1-4939-2159-1 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|