RNA [electronic resource] : Methods and Protocols / edited by Henrik Nielsen.
- Totowa, NJ : Humana Press, 2011.
- Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods and Protocols, 1064-3745 ; 703
Springer Protocols (Springer-12345)
Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods and Protocols, 1064-3745 ; 703
1 online resource (XV, 329 pages) : 53 illustrations.
- Local subjects:
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- Recent insight into the transcripts generated from the mammalian genome (id est the transcriptome) has revealed that transcription is a far more complex phenomenon than previously thought. In RNA: Methods and Protocols, expert researchers provide the procedures and methods used to describe the structure of messenger RNAs and non-coding RNAs that are transcribed by RNA polymerase II as the immediate gene products in mammalian cells. Focused on the structure of the RNA products of "gene X" and the mapping of proteins associated with these RNAs, the volume presents appropriate information for non-specialists in RNA biology. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ series format, many chapters contain introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and key tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Comprehensive and practical, RNA: Methods and Protocols views the transcriptional landscape with an appreciation for the role that proteins play in the processing and interpretation of genetic information in an attempt to further our crucial knowledge of the many products and sophisticated regulatory networks that result from it.
- The Transcriptional Landscape
Working with RNA
Synthesis of RNA by In vitro Transcription
Efficient Poly(A)+ RNA Selection Using LNA Oligo(T) Capture
Web-Based Tools for Studying RNA Structure and Function
Northern Blotting Analysis
Rapid Amplification of cDNA Ends (RACE)
Fractionation of mRNA Based on the Length of the Poly(A) Tail
Analysis of Mutations that Influence Pre-mRNA Splicing
S1 Nuclease Analysis of Alternatively Spliced mRNA
Promises and Challenges in Developing RNAi as a Research Tool and Therapy
Inhibition of Gene Function in Mammalian Cells Using Short-Hairpin RNA (shRNA)
Validation of RNAi by Real Time PCR
Profiling RNA Polymerase II Using the Fast Chromatin Immunoprecipitation Method
The Post-Transcriptional Operon
RIP-Chip Analysis: RNA-Binding Protein Immunoprecipitation-Microarray (Chip) Profiling
Isolation of RNP Granules
Electrophoretic Mobility Shift Assay for Characterizing RNA-Protein Interaction
Polysome Analysis and RNA Purification from Sucrose Gradients
Prediction of Targets for microRNAs
Outsourcing of Experimental Work
ESM1: In-Line Probing Analysis of Riboswitches
ESM2: Analysis of the RNA Backbone: Structural Analysis of Riboswitches by In-Line Probing and Selective 2'-Hydroxyl Acylation and Primer Extension (SHAPE).
- Nielsen, Henrik. editor.
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-1-59745-248-9 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|