Kidney Research [electronic resource] : Experimental Protocols / edited by Tim D. Hewitson, Edward R. Smith, Stephen G. Holt.
- 2nd ed. 2016.
- New York, NY : Springer New York : Imprint: Humana Press, 2016.
- Methods in Molecular Biology, 1064-3745 ; 1397
Springer Protocols (Springer-12345)
Methods in Molecular Biology, 1064-3745 ; 1397
1 online resource (XI, 292 pages) : 66 illustrations, 14 illustrations in color.
- Local subjects:
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This second edition expands upon the previous volume with additional emphasis on recent innovation in basic renal research and has a more holistic approach on associated disorders such as complications associated with peritoneal dialysis, ischemic acute kidney injury, the sympathetic nervous system, and vascular calcification. The book is divided into five parts: Part I provides a number of in vitro, in vivo, and ex vivo models of kidney disease and associated complications; Part II looks at recent advances in imaging techniques; Part III covers recent developments in studying metabolism in renal ischemia and reperfusion; Part IV addresses study and measurement of vascular calcification; and Part V explores analytical techniques that are both topical and of widespread relevance to the study of experimental renal disease. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and cutting-edge, Kidney Research: Experimental Protocols, Second Edition is a valuable collection of protocols useful to new and experienced researchers who are interested in the field of Nephrology.
- Isolation and Primary Culture of Murine Podocytes with Proven Origin
Propagation and Culture of Human Renal Fibroblasts.- Isolation and Propagation of Rat Peritoneal Mesothelial Cells.- Rat Models of Acute and/or Chronic Peritoneal Injuries Including Peritoneal Fibrosis and Peritoneal Dialysis Complications.- Renal Sympathetic Denervation in Rats.- Decellularization of Rat Kidneys to Produce Extracellular Matrix Scaffolds.- Use of Cationized Ferritin Nanoparticles to Measure Renal Glomerular Microstructure with MRI.- Biopsychronology: A Method Using Live Tissue Staining to Image Cell Function in the Kidney.- Prolonged and Continuous Measurement of Kidney Oxygenation in Conscious Rats.- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Analysis of Ischemia/Reperfusion in Experimental Acute Renal Injury.- Assessment of Renal Hemodynamics and Oxygenation by Simultaneous Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and Quantitative Invasive Physiological Measurements.- Intavital Multiphoton Imaging of the Kidney: Tubular Structure and Metabolism.- Vascular Calcification in Uraemia: New-Age Concepts about an Old-Age Problem.- An In Vitro Murine Model of Vascular Smooth Muscle Cell Mineralization.- The Isolation and Quantitation of Fetuin-A Containing Calciprotein Particles from Biological Fluids.- Combining Near Infrared Fluorescent Imaging for Calcification and Inflammation in Vascular Tissue Samples Ex Vivo.- Laser Capture Microdissection of Archival Kidney Tissue for qRT-PCR
Using Phos-Tag in Western Blotting Analysis to Evaluate Protein Phosphorylation.- Qualitative and Quantitative Analysis of Histone Deacetylases in Kidney Tissue Sections.
- Hewitson, Tim D. editor.
Smith, Edward R. editor.
Holt, Stephen G. editor.
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-1-4939-3353-2 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|