Mass Spectrometry in Metabolomics [electronic resource] : Methods and Protocols / edited by Daniel Raftery.
- New York, NY : Springer New York : Imprint: Humana Press, 2014.
- Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods and Protocols, 1064-3745 ; 1198
Springer Protocols (Springer-12345)
Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods and Protocols, 1064-3745 ; 1198
1 online resource (XVI, 360 pages) : 71 illustrations, 52 illustrations in color.
- Life sciences.
- Local subjects:
- Life Sciences.
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- Metabolomics is a fast growing field in systems biology and offers a powerful and promising approach for a large range of applications. Metabolomics focuses on deriving the concentrations and fluxes of low molecular weight metabolites in bio-fluids, cells or tissue, plants, foods and related samples, and this information provides enormous detail on biological systems and their current status. Mass Spectrometry in Metabolomics: Methods and Protocols presents a broad coverage of the major mass spectrometry (MS)-based metabolomics methods and applications. MS is one of most powerful and commonly used analytical methods in metabolomics; because so many different MS systems are used in metabolomics, this volume includes a wide variety such as triple quads, time of flight, Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance, and even simple quadrupole systems. A wide range of studies are described, with samples ranging from blood and urine to tissue and even plants. Written in the successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible protocols, and notes on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and easily accessible, Mass Spectrometry in Metabolomics: Methods and Protocols seeks to serve both professionals and novices with its well-honed methodologies in an effort to further the dynamic field of metabolomics.
- Overview: of Mass Spectrometry Based Metabolomics: Opportunities and Challenges
Global Metabolic Profiling using Liquid Chromatography Quadrupole Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometry
LC-MS Profiling to Link Metabolic and Phenotypic Diversity in Plant Mapping Populations
Mitochondrial Metabolomics Using High-Resolution Fourier-Transform Mass Spectrometry
Sample Preparation Methods for LC-MS Based Global Aqueous Metabolite Profiling
Methods of Discovery-Based and Targeted Metabolite Analysis by Comprehensive Two-Dimensional Gas Chromatography with Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometry Detection
Analysis of Mouse Liver Metabolites by GC×GC-TOF MS
Metabolite Fingerprinting by Capillary Electrophoresis-Mass Spectrometry
Quantitative Metabolomic Profiling using Dansylation Isotope Labeling and Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectrometry
Quantitative Analysis of Amino and Organic Acids by Methyl Chloroformate Derivatization and GC-MS/MS Analysis
Stable Isotope Labeled Tracers for Metabolic Pathway Elucidation by GC-MS and FT-MS
Multiplexed, Quantitative and Targeted Metabolite Profiling by LC-MS/MRM
Multi-Dimensional Mass Spectrometry-Based Shotgun Lipidomics
Comprehensive Quantitative Determination of PUFA-Related Bioactive Lipids for Functional Lipidomics using High Resolution Mass Spectrometry
Ultra-Performance Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectrometry Targeted Profiling of Bile Acids: Application to Serum, Liver Tissue and Cultured Cells of Different Species
Analysis of Volatile Organic Compounds in Exhaled Breath by Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry combined with Chemometric Analysis
Headspace SPME-GC-MS Metabolomics Analysis of Urinary Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
Metabolite Profiling by Direct Analysis in Real Time Mass Spectrometry
Analysis of Dried Blood Spots using DESI Mass Spectrometry
DESI-MS Imaging of Lipids and Metabolites from Biological Samples
Metabolic Imaging using Nanostructure-Initiator Mass Spectrometry (NIMS)
Statistical Analysis and Modeling of Mass Spectrometry-Based Metabolomics Data.
- Raftery, Daniel. editor.
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-1-4939-1258-2 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|