Herpes Simplex Virus [electronic resource] : Methods and Protocols / edited by Russell J. Diefenbach, Cornel Fraefel.
- New York, NY : Springer New York : Imprint: Humana Press, 2014.
- Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods and Protocols, 1064-3745 ; 1144
Springer Protocols (Springer-12345)
Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods and Protocols, 1064-3745 ; 1144
1 online resource (XI, 331 pages) : 45 illustrations, 28 illustrations in color.
- Local subjects:
- Medicine & Public Health.
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- Herpes Simplex Virus: Methods and Protocols provides a wide collection of protocols employed in various levels of herpes virus research, including basic protocols on growing viruses in cell culture and cloning, manipulating, and preparing viral DNA. Other chapters describe approaches to design and apply HSV-1 vectors for vaccination, cancer and gene therapy, or to study specific aspects of HSV-1 biology such as latency, intracellular transport, and protein-protein interaction. Procedures for structural analyses, microscopy, proteomics, and testing of antivirals are included as well. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Practical and authoritative, Herpes Simplex Virus: Methods and Protocols will aid new researchers in the field of herpes virology as well as those experienced investigators wishing to embark on new techniques.
- HSV-1 Biology and Life Cycle
Herpes Simplex Virus Growth, Preparation, and Assay
Isolation of Herpes Simplex Virus Nucleocapsid DNA
Construction and Characterization of Bacterial Artificial Chromosomes (BACs) Containing Herpes Simplex Virus Full-Length Genomes
Engineering HSV-1 Vectors for Gene Therapy
Herpes Simplex Virus Type 1 (HSV-1)-Derived Amplicon Vectors
HSV-1 Amplicon Vectors as Genetic Vaccines
Modification of HSV-1 to an Oncolytic Virus
Herpes Simplex Virus Mutant Generation and Dual Detection Methods for Gaining Insight into Latent/Lytic Cycles In Vivo
Phenotypic and Genotypic Testing of HSV-1 Resistance to Antivirals
Using Homogeneous Primary Neuron Cultures to Study Fundamental Aspects of HSV-1 Latency and Reactivation
Characterization of Extracellular HSV-1 Virions by Proteomics
A Precipitation-Based Assay to Analyze Interactions of Viral Particles with Cytosolic Host Factors
Affinity Purification Combined with Mass Spectrometry to Identify Herpes Simplex Virus Protein-Protein Interactions
Preparation of Herpes Simplex Virus Infected Primary Neurons for Transmission Electron Microscopy
Multifluorescence Live Analysis of Herpes Simplex Virus Type-1 Replication
Expression, Purification and Crystallization of HSV-1 Glycoproteins for Structure Determination
Cryo-EM Techniques to Resolve the Structure of HSV-1 Capsid-Associated Components
In Vivo HSV-1 DNA Transport Studies Using Murine Retinal Ganglion Cells
HSV-1 Protein Expression Using Recombinant Baculoviruses
The Murine Intravaginal HSV-2 Challenge Model for Investigation of DNA Vaccines.
- Diefenbach, Russell J. editor.
Fraefel, Cornel. editor.
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-1-4939-0428-0 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|