Bioremediation [electronic resource] : Methods and Protocols / edited by Stephen P. Cummings.
- Totowa, NJ : Humana Press, 2010.
- Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods and Protocols, 1064-3745 ; 599
Springer Protocols (Springer-12345)
Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods and Protocols, 1064-3745 ; 599
1 online resource (X, 285 pages) : 27 illustrations.
- Local subjects:
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- Since its first systematic application during the 1970s, bioremediation, or the exploitation of a biological system's degradative potential to combat toxic pollutants such as heavy metals, polyaromatic hydrocarbons (PAH), cyanides, and radioactive material, has proven itself over time, and the many advances in molecular techniques have only amplified its utility. In Bioremediation: Methods and Protocols, experts in the field explore imaginative and ambitious multidisciplinary techniques that will enable more predictable removal of pollutants from a variety of environments. The easy-to-follow volume addresses some of the broader issues such as the effect of the environment in determining the availability and fate of organic and inorganic compounds and how choices around the most appropriate bioremediation process can be arrived at, as well as detailed complementary techniques that support the effective deployment and monitoring of a bioremediation approach. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible protocols, and notes on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and cutting-edge, Bioremediation: Methods and Protocols offers researchers a series of invaluable techniques certain to enhance their work with environmental contamination.
- Measurement of Bioaccessibility of Organic Pollutants in Soil
Heavy Metal Bioavailability and Bioaccessibility in Soil
Addressing PCR Biases in Environmental Microbiology Studies
MPN- and Real-Time-Based PCR Methods for the Quantification of Alkane Monooxygenase Homologous Genes (alkB) in Environmental Samples
Application of Fingerprinting Molecular Methods in Bioremediation Studies
Using Terminal Restriction Fragment Length Polymorphism (T-RFLP) Analysis to Assess Microbial Community Structure in Compost Systems
Combination of Fluorescence In Situ Hybridization with Staining Techniques for Cell Viability and Accumulation of PHA and polyP in Microorganisms in Complex Microbial Systems
Ecophysiological Analysis of Microorganisms in Complex Microbial Systems by Combination of Fluorescence In Situ Hybridization with Extracellular Staining Techniques
Applications of DNA-Stable Isotope Probing in Bioremediation Studies
Two-Dimensional Gel Electrophoresis: Discovering Biomolecules for Environmental Bioremediation
The Application of Molecular Techniques to the Study of Wastewater Treatment Systems
Plasmid-Mediated Bioaugmentation of Wastewater Microbial Communities in a Laboratory-Scale Bioreactor
The Role of Decision Support for Bioremediation Strategies, Exemplified by Hydrocarbons for In Site and Ex Situ Procedures
Monitored Natural Attenuation
Application of Bioassays for the Ecotoxicity Assessment of Contaminated Soils
Community-Level Physiological Profiling.
- Cummings, Stephen P. editor.
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-1-60761-439-5 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|