Neisseria meningitidis [electronic resource] : Advanced Methods and Protocols / edited by Myron Christodoulides.
- Totowa, NJ : Humana Press, 2012.
- Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods and Protocols, 1064-3745 ; 799
Springer Protocols (Springer-12345)
Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods and Protocols, 1064-3745 ; 799
1 online resource (XIII, 427 pages) : 64 illustrations, 13 illustrations in color.
- Local subjects:
- Medicine & Public Health.
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- Neisseria meningitidis is a major causative agent, worldwide, of potentially life-threatening meningitis and septicaemia, which carry with them a high mortality rate and permanent physical and neurological issues for survivors. Neisseria meningitidis: Advanced Methods and Protocols offers a collection of methods and protocols that reflect the development and refinement of several new technologies applied to the meningococcus as presented by expert researchers. Several of the chapters in this book describe methods that rely on the collection of complete sets of biological data, for example, using the genome to generate transcriptomes, proteomes, and metabolomes. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and cutting-edge, Neisseria meningitidis: Advanced Methods and Protocols can be readily used to study other pathogens and diseases and should have broad appeal to clinical and non-clinical scientists alike; however, there is still much to learn about the meningococcus and its complex nature, which in turn continues to reveal crucial details about human biology as well.
- Neisseria meningitidis: Biology, Microbiology, and Epidemiology
Classification and Pathogenesis of Meningococcal Infections
Detection of Neisseria meningitidis in Cerebrospinal Fluid Using a Multiplex PCR and the Luminex Detection Technology
Generating Knock-Out and Complementation Strains of Neisseria meningitides
Identification and Functional Characterization of sRNAs in Neisseria meningitides
Expression, Purification, and Crystallization of Neisserial Outer Membrane Proteins
Genome-Scale Metabolic Models: Reconstruction and Analysis
TMT Labeling for the Quantitative Analysis of Adaptive Responses in the Meningococcal Proteome
Meningococcal Ligands and Molecular Targets of the Host
In Vivo Imaging of Meningococcal Disease Dynamics
Methods for Studying Neisseria meningitidis Biofilms
A Laminar-Flow Chamber Assay for Measuring Bacterial Adhesion Under Shear Stress
Techniques to Measure Pilus Retraction Forces
Human Dendritic Cell Culture and Bacterial Infection
Hydrogen-Deuterium Exchange Coupled to Mass Spectrometry (H/DX-MS) to Investigate Ligand-Receptor Interactions
Visualizing PAMP-PRR Interactions Using Nanoscale Imaging
Transcriptome Analyses in the Interaction of Neisseria meningitidis with Mammalian Host Cells
The Use of the Pan-Neisseria Microarray and Experimental Design for Transcriptomics Studies of Neisseria
Analysis of Parameters Associated with Prevention of Cellular Apoptosis by Pathogenic Neisseriae and Purified Porins
Analysis of the Immune Response to Neisseria meningitidis Using a Proteomics Approach
Antigen Identification Starting from the Genome: A "Reverse Vaccinology" Approach Applied to MenB
A DNA Vaccine Strategy for Effective Antibody Induction to Pathogen-Derived Antigens.
- Christodoulides, Myron. editor.
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-1-61779-346-2 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|