Nanotoxicity [electronic resource] : Methods and Protocols / edited by Joshua Reineke.
- Totowa, NJ : Humana Press : Imprint: Humana Press, 2012.
- Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods and Protocols, 1064-3745 ; 926
Springer Protocols (Springer-12345)
Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods and Protocols, 1064-3745 ; 926
1 online resource (XII, 414 pages) : 85 illustrations, 47 illustrations in color.
- Local subjects:
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- The field of nanotechnology has developed very rapidly over the past decade lending great promise to medical applications in drug delivery, therapeutics, and biological imaging. Due to the great promise, rapid development, and broad application of nanomaterials, it is imperative that researchers from development through application seek a thorough understanding of nanotoxicity. Nanotoxicity: Methods and Protocols address the special considerations when applying toxicity studies to nanomaterials and detail newly developed methods for the study of nanotoxicity. These diverse methods span in vitro cell culture, model tissues, in situ exposure, in vivo models, analysis in plants, and mathematical modeling, proving to be relevant to pharmaceutical scientists, material scientists, bioengineers, toxicologists, environmentalists, immunologists, and cellular and molecular biologists, to name a few. As part of the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Comprehensive and cutting-edge, Nanotoxicity: Methods and Protocols aims to diversify the capabilities of current researchers involved in nanotoxicology and to enable researchers in related fields to expand their knowledge of how nanomaterials interface with the biological environment.
- Historical Overview of Nanotechnology and Nanotoxicology
Characterization of Nanomaterials for Toxicological Studies
Methods for Understanding the Interaction Between Nanoparticles and Cells
Single-Cell Gel Electrophoresis (COMET) Assay in Nano-Genotoxicology
Single-Cell Nanotoxicity Assays of Superparamagnetic Iron Oxide Nanoparticles (SPIONs)
Western Blot Analysis
Application of Reverse Transcription-PCR and Real-Time PCR in Nanotoxicity Research
Deriving TC50 Values of Nanoparticles from Electrochemical Monitoring of Lactate Dehydrogenase (LDH) Activity Indirectly
Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbant Assay of IL-8 Production in Response to Silver Nanoparticles
Metabolomics Techniques in Nanotoxicology Studies
Nanoparticle Uptake Measured by Flow Cytometry
Determining Biological Activity of Nanoparticles as Measured by Flow Cytometry
Whole Cell Impedance Biosensoring Devices
Free Energy Calculation of Permeant-Membrane Interactions Using Molecular Dynamics Simulations
Screening of Fullerene Toxicity by Haemolysis Assay
Assessment of In Vitro Skin Irritation Potential of Nanoparticles: RHE Model
In Vivo Methods of Nanotoxicology
The Luminescent Bacteria Test to Determine the Acute Toxicity of Nanoparticle Suspensions
The Primacy of Physicochemical Characterization of Nanomaterials for Reliable Toxicity Assessment: A Review of the Zebrafish Nanotoxicology Model
Application of Embryonic and Adult Zebrafish for Nanotoxicity Assessment
Applications of Subsurface Microscopy
Application of ICP-MS for the Study of Disposition and Toxicity of Metal-Based Nanomaterials
Quantitative Nanoparticle Organ Disposition by Gel Permeation Chromatography
Physiologically-Based Pharmacokinetic Modeling For Nanoparticle Toxicity Study
Biophysical Methods for Assessing Plant Responses to Nanoparticle Exposure
In Vivo Nanotoxicity Assays in Plant Models.
- Reineke, Joshua. editor.
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-1-62703-002-1 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|