Exocytosis and Endocytosis [electronic resource] / edited by Andrei I. Ivanov.
- Totowa, NJ : Humana Press, 2008.
- Methods in Molecular Biology, 1064-3745 ; 440
Springer Protocols (Springer-12345)
Methods in Molecular Biology, 1064-3745 ; 440
1 online resource (XV, 412 pages)
- Life sciences.
- Local subjects:
- Life Sciences.
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- Due to their vital involvement in a wide variety of housekeeping and specialized cellular functions, exocytosis and endocytosis remain among the most popular subjects in biology and biomedical sciences. Tremendous progress in understanding these complex intracellular processes has been achieved by employing a wide array of research tools ranging from classical biochemical methods to modern imaging techniques. In Exocytosis and Endocytosis, skilled experts provide the most up-to-date,step-by-step laboratory protocols for examining molecular machinery and biological functions of exocytosis and endocytosis in vitro and in vivo. Following the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ series format, the chapters present an introduction outlining the principle behind each technique, a list of the necessary materials, an easy to follow, readily reproducible protocol, and a Notes section offering tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Insightful to both newcomers and seasoned professionals, Exocytosis and Endocytosis offers a unique and highly practical guide to versatile laboratory tools developed to study various aspects of intracellular vesicle trafficking in simple model systems and living organisms.
- An Overview of Methods for Analyzing Vesicular Trafficking
Vesicular Trafficking: Molecular Tools and Targets
Pharmacological Inhibition of Endocytic Pathways: Is It Specific Enough to Be Useful?
Cell-Free and Biochemical Assays of Exocytosis and Endocytosis
In Vitro Assays to Measure SNARE-Mediated Vesicle Fusion
Imaging Ca2+-Triggered Exocytosis of Single Secretory Granules on Plasma Membrane Lawns from Neuroendocrine Cells
FRAP Analysis of Secretory Granule Lipids and Proteins in the Sea Urchin Egg
A Cell-Free Assay for Endocytosis of E-Cadherin
Cell-Surface Biotinylation to Study Endocytosis and Recycling of Occludin
Fractionation of Subcellular Membrane Vesicles of Epithelial and Nonepithelial Cells by OptiPrep™ Density Gradient Ultracentrifugation
Identification and Characterization of Interacting Partners of Rab GTPases by Yeast Two-Hybrid Analyses
Analysis of Endocytosis and Exocytosis in Different Cell Systems
High-Throughput Analysis of the Dynamics of Recycling Cell Surface Proteins
Studying Phagocytosis by Live-Cell Scintillation Proximity Assay
Transcytosis of Polymeric Immunoglobulin A in Polarized Madin-Darby Canine Kidney Cells
The Use of Syntaxin Chimeras to Study Polarized Protein Trafficking in Epithelial Cells
Targeting the Epithelial SNARE Machinery by Bacterial Neurotoxins
Exocytosis of Endothelial Cells Is Regulated by N-Ethylmaleimide-Sensitive Factor
Molecular Dissection of HCl Secretion in Gastric Parietal Cells Using Streptolysin O Permeabilization
Addressing Membrane Protein Topology Using the Fluorescence Protease Protection (FPP) Assay
Visualizing Clathrin-Mediated IgE Receptor Internalization by Electron and Atomic Force Microscopy
Analyzing Endosomes in Nonsectioned Cells by Transmission Electron Microscopy
Imaging Exocytosis of Single Insulin Secretory Granules With TIRF Microscopy
Reconstitution of Depolarization and Ca2+-Evoked Secretion in Xenopus Oocytes Monitored by Membrane Capacitance
Low-Noise Recording of Single-Vesicle Capacitance Steps in Cell-Attached Patches
Good Practices in Single-Cell Amperometry
Analysis of Single-Vesicle Exocytotic Events Recorded by Amperometry
Analysis of Exocytosis and Endocytosis in Model Organisms
Application of RNAi Technology and Fluorescent Protein Markers to Study Membrane Traffic in Caenorhabditis elegans
FM 1-43 Labeling of Synaptic Vesicle Pools at the Drosophila Neuromuscular Junction
Probing E-Cadherin Endocytosis by Morpholino-Mediated Rab5 Knockdown in Zebrafish
Quantifying Endocytosis In Vivo Using Intravital Two-Photon Microscopy.
- Ivanov, Andrei I. editor.
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-1-59745-178-9 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|