Nitric Oxide [electronic resource] : Methods and Protocols / edited by Helen O. McCarthy, Jonathan A. Coulter.
- Totowa, NJ : Humana Press, 2011.
- Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods and Protocols, 1064-3745 ; 704
Springer Protocols (Springer-12345)
Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods and Protocols, 1064-3745 ; 704
1 online resource (XI, 226 pages)
- Life sciences.
- Local subjects:
- Life Sciences. (search)
Biochemistry, general. (search)
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- The past two decades have seen an explosion in the number of research articles relating to both the physiological and pathological responses evoked by nitric oxide generation. Despite this, accurate quantification of nitric oxide in either in vitro or in vivo models remains challenging, due to the relatively unstable nature of the molecule. In Nitric Oxide: Methods and Protocols, experts in the field provide a detailed reference manual packed with step-by-step approaches to reproduce various complex protocols within your own laboratory. Divided into two parts, the volume first covers various disparate protocols relating to the direct detection and quantification of nitric oxide, including techniques which detail how to image real time in vivo generation of nitric oxide, quantify nitric oxide production in the rat brain, and the detect ultralow levels of nitric oxide in the pM range, and the book then continues with a section on techniques designed to either inhibit or enhance nitric oxide, with an aim to achieve therapeutic gain, featuring the inhibition of the nitric oxide synthase enzymes using viral, shRNA delivery systems to prevent cardiovascular dysfunction, peripheral neuropathy, and graft rejection. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and key tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and easy to use, Nitric Oxide: Methods and Protocols examines numerous complex methodologies detailed in each chapter and proves to be an invaluable resource for anyone with an interest in nitric oxide research.
- Nitric Oxide Physiology and Pathology
Ionizing Radiation-Induced DNA Strand Breaks and γ-H2AX Foci in Cells Exposed to Nitric Oxide
Determination of S-Nitrosothiols in Biological Fluids by Chemiluminescence
Measurement of Nitrite in Blood Samples Using the Ferricyanide-Based Hemoglobin Oxidation Assay
Selective Fluorescent Activation for Bioimaging the Expression of Nitric Oxide in Cellular and In vivo Systems
Real Time Measurement of Murine Hippocampus NO Levels in Response to Cerebral Ischemia/Reperfusion
Detection of Low Levels of Nitric Oxide Using an Electrochemical Sensor
Determination of the Scavenging Capacity Against Reactive Nitrogen Species by Automatic Flow Injection-Based Methodologies
Aqueous Measurement of Nitric Oxide Using Membrane Inlet Mass Spectrometry
Quantum Cascade Laser Technology for the Ultrasensitive Detection of Low Level Nitric Oxide
Determination of In vivo Nitric Oxide Levels in Animal Tissues Using a Novel Spin Trapping Technology
Beta Cell Protection by Inhibition of iNOS through Lentiviral Vector-Based Strategies
Characterization of Nitric Oxide Delivery Systems Produced By Various Nanotechnologies
Nitric Oxide Releasing Nanoparticle Synthesis and Characterization
NOS Antagonism Using Viral Vectors as an Experimental Strategy: Implications for In vivo Studies of Cardio-Vascular Control and Peripheral Neuropathies.
- McCarthy, Helen O. editor.
Coulter, Jonathan A. editor.
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-1-61737-964-2 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|