Combinatorial Library [electronic resource] : Methods and Protocols / edited by Lisa Bellavance English.
- Totowa, NJ : Springer New York, 2002.
- Methods in Molecular Biology™, 1064-3745 ; 201
Springer Protocols (Springer-12345)
Methods in Molecular Biology™, 1064-3745 ; 201
1 online resource (XI, 383 pages)
- Life sciences.
- Local subjects:
- Life Sciences. (search)
Biochemistry, general. (search)
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- By significantly increasing the number of targets available for drug discovery, the Human Genome and Proteome projects have made the use of combinatorial libraries essential to developing and optimizing drug candidate molecules more rapidly. Lisa English and a panel of expert researchers have collected in Combinatorial Library Methods and Protocols a novel series of computational and laboratory methods for the design, synthesis, quality control, screening, and purification of combinatorial libraries. Here the reader will find cutting-edge techniques for the preparation of encoded combinatorial libraries, for the synthesis of DNA-binding polyamides, and for combinatorial receptors. There are also state-of-the-art methods for computational library design, quality control by mass spectrometry, and structure verification using 1D and 2D NMR. A variety of well-known computational approaches are provided to meet the information management challenge of multiple biological assays. Each readily reproducible technique includes detailed step-by-step instructions and helpful notes on troubleshooting and avoiding pitfalls. Timely and highly practical, Combinatorial Library Methods and Protocols makes available for all drug discovery researchers all the powerful combinatorial chemistry tools that are increasing the number of candidate compounds and speeding the process of drug discovery and development today.
- Library Synthesis and Quality Control
Using a Noncovalent Protection Strategy to Enhance Solid-Phase Synthesis
Quality Control of Solid-Phase Synthesis by Mass Spectrometry
Preparation of Encoded Combinatorial Libraries for Drug Discovery
Simple Tools for Manual Parallel Solid Phase Synthesis
Cleavage of Compounds from Solid Phase by Gaseous Reagents
Synthesis of DNA-Binding Polyamides
The Preparation of Phenyl-stilbene Derivatives Using the Safety Catch Linker
Automated Structure Verification of Small Molecules Libraries Using 1D and 2D NMR Techniques
Rapid Liquid-Phase Combinatorial Synthesis of Heterocyclic Libraries
Soluble Polymer-Supported Methods for Combinatorial and Organic Synthesis
Analytical Methods for Optimization and Quality Control of Combinatorial Synthesis
Library Purification and Screening
Resolving Racemic Mixtures Using Parallel Combinatorial Libraries
Ligand Libraries for the Extraction of Metal Ions
Automated Liquid-Liquid Extraction and Ion-Exchange Solid-Phase Extraction for Initial Purification
On-Bead and Solution Screening Approaches for Genomically Derived Targets
Computational Library Design
Design of Virtual Combinatorial Libraries
Approaches to Library Design for Combinatorial Chemistry
Reagent-Based and Product-Based Computational Strategies in Library Design
Designing Combinatorial Libraries for Efficient Screening
Application of Neural Networks to Large Dataset QSAR, Virtual Screening, and Library Design.
- English, Lisa Bellavance. editor.
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1385/1592592856 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|