Evolutionary Genomics [electronic resource] : Statistical and Computational Methods, Volume 2 / edited by Maria Anisimova.
- Totowa, NJ : Humana Press, 2012.
- Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods and Protocols, 1064-3745 ; 856
Springer Protocols (Springer-12345)
Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods and Protocols, 1064-3745 ; 856
1 online resource (XV, 556 pages) : 111 illustrations, 44 illustrations in color.
- Local subjects:
- Biomedicine. (search)
Human Genetics. (search)
Evolutionary Biology. (search)
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- Together with early theoretical work in population genetics, the debate on sources of genetic makeup initiated by proponents of the neutral theory made a solid contribution to the spectacular growth in statistical methodologies for molecular evolution. Evolutionary Genomics: Statistical and Computational Methods is intended to bring together the more recent developments in the statistical methodology and the challenges that followed as a result of rapidly improving sequencing technologies. Presented by top scientists from a variety of disciplines, the collection includes a wide spectrum of articles encompassing theoretical works and hands-on tutorials, as well as many reviews with key biological insight. Volume 2 begins with phylogenomics and continues with in-depth coverage of natural selection, recombination, and genomic innovation. The remaining chapters treat topics of more recent interest, including population genomics, -omics studies, and computational issues related to the handling of large-scale genomic data. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ series format, this work provides the kind of advice on methodology and implementation that is crucial for getting ahead in genomic data analyses. Comprehensive and cutting-edge, Evolutionary Genomics: Statistical and Computational Methods is a treasure chest of state-of the-art methods to study genomic and omics data, certain to inspire both young and experienced readers to join the interdisciplinary field of evolutionary genomics.
- Tangled Trees: The Challenge of Inferring Species Trees from Coalescent and Non-Coalescent Genes
Modeling Gene Family Evolution and Reconciling Phylogenetic Discord
Genome-Wide Comparative Analysis of Phylogenetic Trees: The Prokaryotic Forest of Life
Philosophy and Evolution: Minding the Gap Between Evolutionary Patterns and Tree-Like Patterns
Selection on the Protein Coding Genome
Methods to Detect Selection on Non-Coding DNA
The Origin and Evolution of New Genes
Evolution of Protein Domain Architectures
Estimating Recombination Rates from Genetic Variation in Humans
Evolution of Viral Genomes: Interplay Between Selection, Recombination, and Other Forces
Association Mapping and Disease: Evolutionary Perspectives
Ancestral Population Genomics
Non-Redundant Representation of Ancestral Recombinations Graphs
Using Genomic Tools to Study Regulatory Evolution
Characterization and Evolutionary Analysis of Protein-Protein Interaction Networks
Statistical Methods in Metabolomics
Introduction to the Analysis of Environmental Sequences: Metagenomics with MEGAN
Analyzing Epigenome Data in Context of Genome Evolution and Human Diseases
Genetical Genomics for Evolutionary Studies
Genomics Data Resources: Frameworks and Standards
Sharing Programming Resources Between Bio* Projects through Remote Procedure Call and Native Call Stack Strategies
Scalable Computing for Evolutionary Genomics.
- Anisimova, Maria, editor.
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-1-61779-585-5 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|