Plant Immunity [electronic resource] : Methods and Protocols / edited by John M. McDowell.
- Totowa, NJ : Humana Press, 2011.
- Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods and Protocols, 1064-3745 ; 712
Springer Protocols (Springer-12345)
Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods and Protocols, 1064-3745 ; 712
1 online resource (XV, 280 pages)
- Life sciences.
- Local subjects:
- Life Sciences.
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- A great deal of effort is being invested in understanding the molecular mechanisms through which plants interact with pathogenic microbes. In Plant Immunity: Methods and Protocols, expert researchers in the field describe emerging technologies that can be applied to the most significant outstanding questions faced by scientists studying immunity in plants. The technologies in this detailed volume include methods for examining protein localization, protein complex purification, protein-protein interactions, transient and inducible gene expression, chromatin immunoprecipitation, microaspiration, laser microdissection, purification of fungal haustoria, and genetic manipulation of bacterial and oomycete pathogens. These techniques are applicable to a wide range of topics, including molecular functionality of NB-LRR proteins and other immune signaling components, and functional characterization of effector proteins and other pathogen components that sabotage host immunity. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and key tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
- Studying NB-LRR Immune Receptor Localization by Agroinfiltration Transient Expression
Fragment Complementation and Co-Immunoprecipitation Assays for Understanding R Protein Structure and Function
Purification of Resistance Protein Complexes Using a Biotinylated Affinity (HPB) Tag
Biochemical Purification of Native Immune Protein Complexes
Chromatin Immunoprecipitation (ChIP) to Identify Global Targets of WRKY Transcription Factor Family Members Involved in Plant Immunity
Dose Response to and Systemic Movement of Dexamethasone in the GVG Inducible Transgene System in Arabidopsis
Quantifying Alternatively Spliced mRNA via Capillary Electrophoresis
Constructing Haustorium-Specific cDNA Libraries from Rust Fungi
Microaspiration of Esophageal Gland Cells and cDNA Library Construction for Identifying Parasitism Genes of Plant-Parasitic Nematodes
Construction of Pseudomonas syringae pv. tomato DC3000 Mutant and Polymutant Strains
A Straightforward Protocol for Electro-Transformation of Phytophthora capsici Zoospores
Propagation, Storage, and Assays with Hyaloperonospora arabidopsidis, a Model Oomycete Pathogen of Arabidopsis
Assaying Effector Function In planta Using Double-Barreled Particle Bombardment
Assays for Effector-Mediated Suppression of Programmed Cell Death in Yeast
Purification of Effector-Target Protein Complexes via Transient Expression in N. benthamiana
Imaging Fluorescently-Tagged Phytophthora Effector Proteins Inside Infected Plant Tissue
Immunolocalization of Pathogen Effectors
Laser Capture Microdissection of Nematode Feeding Cells
Laser Microdissection of Plant-Fungus Interaction Sites and Isolation of RNA for Downstream Expression Profiling
Global Expression Profiling of RNA from Laser Microdissected Cells at Fungal-Plant Interaction Sites
Visualizing Cellular Dynamics in Plant-Microbe Interactions Using Fluorescent-Tagged Proteins.
- McDowell, John M. editor.
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-1-61737-998-7 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|