Free Radicals and Antioxidant Protocols [electronic resource] / edited by Rao M. Uppu, Subramanyam N. Murthy, William A. Pryor, Narasimham L. Parinandi.
- Totowa, NJ : Humana Press, 2010.
- Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods and Protocols, 1064-3745 ; 610
Springer Protocols (Springer-12345)
Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods and Protocols, 1064-3745 ; 610
1 online resource (XVI, 480 pages) : 115 illustrations, 11 illustrations in color.
- Life sciences.
- Local subjects:
- Life Sciences.
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- In recent years there has been a growing demand to achieve more rapid and accurate detection of RONs (reactive oxygen and nitrogen species), which affect normal physiological processes and pathological conditions, and also of redox stress. In Free Radicals and Antioxidant Protocols, Second Edition, world-renowned researchers respond to this need, considering the most recent analytical and technological aspects of the detection and determination of RONs, and of oxidative, nitrative, nitrosative, and redox stress in biological systems in vivo and in vitro. Chapters include protocols to establish biomarkers for the oxidative stress-induced genetic damage in cellular and animal models, provide novel methods and technologies for analyzing peroxidized lipids, describe techniques for gene therapy, and present methods of EPR imaging of free radicals and oxygen in vivo. Composed in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ series format, each chapter contains a brief introduction, step-by-step methods, a list of necessary materials, and a Notes section which shares tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Comprehensive and user-friendly, Free Radicals and Antioxidant Protocols, Second Edition, is an essential guide for the novice and expert researcher alike.
- Reactive Oxygen and Nitrogen Species
In Vivo Imaging of Free Radicals and Oxygen
In Vivo Measurement of Tissue Oxygen Using Electron Paramagnetic Resonance Spectroscopy with Oxygen-Sensitive Paramagnetic Particle, Lithium Phthalocyanine
Measurement of Plasma Nitrite by Chemiluminescence
Determination of Glutathione, Mitochondrial Transmembrane Potential, and Cytotoxicity in H9c2 Cardiomyoblasts Exposed to Reactive Oxygen and Nitrogen Species
Natural and Synthetic Antioxidants
Phenolic Acids and Flavonoids: Occurrence and Analytical Methods
Design, Synthesis, and Action of Antiatherogenic Antioxidants
Preparation of Drug-Loaded Polymeric Nanoparticles and Evaluation of the Antioxidant Activity Against Lipid Peroxidation
Nanoparticle and Iron Chelators as a Potential Novel Alzheimer Therapy
Synthesis and Characterization of Polymer Nanocarriers for the Targeted Delivery of Therapeutic Enzymes
Assessment of Antioxidant Activity of Eugenol In Vitro and In Vivo
Cellular Oxidative Stress
The Generation of Stable Oxidative Stress-Resistant Phenotypes in Chinese Hamster Fibroblasts Chronically Exposed to Hydrogen Peroxide or Hyperoxia
A Simple Method for Effective and Safe Removal of Membrane Cholesterol from Lipid Rafts in Vascular Endothelial Cells: Implications in Oxidant-Mediated Lipid Signaling
Superoxide Dismutase - A Target for Gene Therapeutic Approach to Reduce Oxidative Stress in Erectile Dysfunction
Assessing the Reductive Capacity of Cells by Measuring the Recycling of Ascorbic and Lipoic Acids
Biomarkers of Oxidative Stress: Methods and Measures of Oxidative DNA Damage (COMET Assay) and Telomere Shortening
Simultaneous Analysis of Expression of Multiple Redox-Sensitive and Apoptotic Genes in Hypothalamic Neurons Exposed to Cholesterol Secoaldehyde
Redox Homeostasis and Cellular Stress Response in Aging and Neurodegeneration
Gene Therapy Techniques for the Delivery of Endothelial Nitric Oxide Synthase to the Lung for Pulmonary Hypertension
DNA Oxidation, Oxidative Lipidomics, and Biomarkers
A General Method for Quantifying Sequence Effects on Nucleobase Oxidation in DNA
Analysis of Urinary 8-oxo-7,8-dihydro-2?-deoxyguanosine by Liquid Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry
Oxidative Lipidomics of Apoptosis: Quantitative Assessment of Phospholipid Hydroperoxides in Cells and Tissues
Simultaneous Analysis of Multiple Lipid Oxidation Products In Vivo by Liquid Chromatographic-Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS)
Lipoxygenase-Catalyzed Phospholipid Peroxidation: Preparation, Purification, and Characterization of Phosphatidylinositol Peroxides
Oxidized Low-Density Lipoprotein
Detection and Localization of Markers of Oxidative Stress by In Situ Methods: Application in the Study of Alzheimer Disease
Enzyme Immunoassay of Isoprostanes
Application of Membrane Extraction with Sorbent Interface for Breath Analysis.
- Uppu, Rao M. editor.
Murthy, Subramanyam N. editor.
Pryor, William A. editor.
Parinandi, Narasimham L. editor.
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-1-60327-029-8 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|