Breast Cancer [electronic resource] : Methods and Protocols / edited by Jian Cao.
- 1st ed. 2016.
- New York, NY : Springer New York : Imprint: Humana Press, 2016.
- Methods in molecular biology 1064-3745 ; 1406
Springer Protocols (Springer-12345)
Methods in Molecular Biology, 1064-3745 ; 1406
1 online resource (XII, 332 pages) : 71 illustrations, 13 illustrations in color.
Cancer -- Research.
- Local subjects:
- Biomedicine. (search)
Cancer Research. (search)
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This volume provides resources, ideas, and bench manuals for the study of breast cancer. This book is divided into five sections: methods used in clinical laboratory for diagnosis (Detection of Molecular Markers of Breast Cancer); methods used in both clinical and research laboratories for testing genetic alterations (Genetic Detection of Breast Cancer) and (Isolation of Breast Cancer Cells); methods used to study the behavior of breast cancer cells (In Vitro Experimental Assays for Breast Cancer); and methods used for mimicking human breast cancer in a living organism (In Vivo Experimental Models for Breast Cancer). Breast Cancer: Methods and Protocols also explores several recently developed techniques for the study of breast cancer progression. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Practical and thorough, Breast Cancer: Methods and Protocols, is a valuable handbook for both graduate and advanced undergraduate students of biological sciences, as well as scientists, technicians, and physicians working in the academic, hospital, or pharmaceutical industry aimed at studying or diagnosing breast cancer.
- Basic Histopathological Methods and Breast Lesion Types for Research.- Clinical Applications for Immunohistochemistry of Breast Lesions.- Immunohistochemistry for Triple-Negative Breast Cancer.- In Situ Hybridization of Breast Cancer Markers.- Evaluation of Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor 2 (HER2) Gene Status in Human Breast Cancer Formalin-Fixed Paraffin Embedded (FFPE) Tissue Specimens by Fluorescence In Situ Hybridization (FISH).- Quantification of mRNA Levels Using Real-Time Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR).- Detection of MiRNA in Cultured Cells or Xenograft Tissues of Breast Cancer.- Pyrosequencin g Analysis for Breast Cancer DNA Methylome.- Vita-Assay ™ Method of Enrichment and Identification of Circulating Cancer Cells/Circulating Tumor Cells (CTCs).- Breast Cancer Stem Cell Isolation.- Cellular Apoptosis Assay of Breast Cancer
Assessment of Matrix Metalloproteinases by Gel Zymography.- Assessment of Synthetic Matrix Metalloproteinase Inhibitors by Fluorogenic Substrate Assay.- Determination of Breast Cancer Cell Migratory Ability.- A Novel Collagen Dot Assay for Monitoring Cancer Cell Migration.- Three-Dimensional Assay for Studying Breast Cancer Cell Invasion.- A Combined Phagocytosis and Fluorescent Substrate Degradation Assay to Simultaneously Assess Cell Migration and Substrate Degradation.- Analysis of Invadopodia Formation in Breast Cancer Cells.- Patient-Derived Tumor Xenograft Models of Breast Cancer.- Monitoring Phosphatidic Acid Signaling in Breast Cancer Cells Using Genetically Encoded Biosensors
3D In Vitro Model for Breast Cancer Research Using Magnetic Levitation and Bioprinting Method.- Methods for Analyzing Tumor Angiogenesis in the Chick Chorioallantoic Membrane Model.- Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics in Breast Cancer Animal Models.- Intracellular Delivery of Fluorescently Labeled Polysaccharide Nanoparticles to Cultured Breast Cancer Cells.- Imaging Matrix Metalloproteinase Activity Implicated in Breast Cancer Progression.
- Cao, Jian, editor.
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-1-4939-3444-7 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|