Advanced Protocols in Oxidative Stress III [electronic resource] / edited by Donald Armstrong.
- New York, NY : Springer New York : Imprint: Humana Press, 2015.
- Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods and Protocols, 1064-3745 ; 1208
Springer Protocols (Springer-12345)
Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods and Protocols, 1064-3745 ; 1208
1 online resource (XIV, 477 pages) : 146 illustrations, 64 illustrations in color.
- Life sciences.
- Local subjects:
- Life Sciences.
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- Advanced Protocols in Oxidative Stress III continues the thread of the first two books by covering technology ranging from a portable hand-held detector for remote analysis of antioxidant capacity to sophisticated technology such as shotgun lipidomics, mitochondrial imaging, nanosensors, fluorescent probes, chromatographic fingerprints, computational models, and biostatistical applications. Several chapters have shown the effect of pro-oxidation and antioxidants as inflammatory mediators in signaling pathways leading from the initial stimulus to termination through redox cycles. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Comprehensive and practical, Advanced Protocols in Oxidative Stress III offers to save investigators significant time and effort, allowing them to focus on their own personal topic of interest.
- Derivatization and Detection of Small Aliphatic and Lipid-Bound Carbonylated Lipid Peroxidation Products by ESI-MS
Specific Imaging and Tracking of Mitochondria in Live Cells by a Photostable AIE Luminogen
Analysis of Relationship Between Oxidized Phospholipid Structure and Interaction with the Class B Scavenger Receptors
A Novel Gas Chromatographic Method for Determination of Malondialdehyde from Oxidized DNA
Nitric Oxide Availability as a Marker of Oxidative Stress
Quantification of DNA Repair Capacity Towards Oxidatively Damaged DNA in Subcellular and Cellular Systems by a Non-Radioactive Cleavage Assay
Chiral Phase-HPLC Separation of Hydroperoxyoctadecenoic Acids and Their Biosynthesis by Fatty Acid Dioxygenases
Selenium as a Versatile Center in Fluorescence Probe for the Redox Cycle Between HClO Oxidative Stress and H2S Repair
Evaluation of Physical Integrity of Lipid Bilayer Under Oxidative Stress: Application of Fluorescence Microscopy and Digital Image Processing
Electrochemical Detection of Glutathione S-Transferase: An Important Enzyme in the Cell Protective Mechanism Against Oxidative Stress
Using Nanosensors for In Situ Monitoring and Measurement of Nitric Oxide and Peroxynitrite in a Single Cell
Curcuma longa Attenuates Carbon Tetrachloride-Induced Oxidative Stress in T Lymphocyte Subpopulations
Prolongation of the Lag Time Preceding Peroxidation of Serum Lipids: A Measure of Antioxidant Capacity
Identification of (Anti-Oxidative) Plants in Herbal Pharmaceutical Preparations and Dietary Supplements
Simultaneous Determination of Ascorbic Acid, Aminothiols and Methionine in Biological Matrices Using Ion-Pairing RP-HPLC Coupled with Electrochemical Detector
Portable Nanoparticle Based Sensors for Antioxidant Analysis
Fe3+-Fe2+ Transformation Method: An Important Antioxidant Assay
Antioxidant Activity Evaluation Involving Hemoglobin-Related Free Radical Reactivity
Computational Studies on Conformation, Electron Density Distributions, and Antioxidant Properties of Anthocyanidins
Automatic Flow Injection Analysis (FIA) Determination of Total Reducing Capacity in Serum and Urine Samples
Mass Spectrometry Detection of Isolevuglandin Adduction to Specific Protein Residues
Preoxiredoxin Family Members (Prx3 and Prx4) and Pregnancy Disorder (Recurrent Pregnancy Loss)
Substituted Pyridoindoles as Biological Antioxidants: Drug Design, Chemical Synthesis, and Biological Activity
Measuring Antioxidant and Prooxidant Capacity Using the Crocin Bleaching Assay (CBA)
Simultaneous Determination of the Endogenous Free α−Lipoic Acid and Dihydrolipoic Acid in Human Plasma and Erythrocytes by RP−HPLC Coupled with Electrochemical Detector
Aryl-Acetic and Cinnamic Acids as Lipoxygenase Inhibitors with Antioxidant, Anti-Inflammatory, and Anti-Cancer Activity
Liquid Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry for the Analysis of N-β-Methylamino-L-Alanine with 6-Aminoquinolyl-N-Hydroxysuccinimidyl Carbamate
Intracellular Distribution of Glutathionylated Proteins in Cultured Dermal Fibroblasts by Immunofluorescence
New Analytical Strategies Applied to the Determination of Coenzyme Q10 in Biological Matrix
Binding and Cytotoxic Trafficking of Cholesterol Hydroperoxides by Sterol Carrier Protein-2
A Toolkit for Clinical Statisticians to Fix Problems Based on Biomarker Measurements Subject to Instrumental Limitations: From Repeated Measurement Techniques to a Hybrid Pooled-Unpooled Design.
- Armstrong, Donald. editor.
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-1-4939-1441-8 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|