Plant Mineral Nutrients [electronic resource] : Methods and Protocols / edited by Frans J.M. Maathuis.
- Totowa, NJ : Humana Press : Imprint: Humana Press, 2013.
- Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods and Protocols, 1064-3745 ; 953
Springer Protocols (Springer-12345)
Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods and Protocols, 1064-3745 ; 953
1 online resource (XI, 297 pages) : 30 illustrations.
- Life sciences.
- Local subjects:
- Life Sciences. (search)
Plant Sciences. (search)
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- The study of plant mineral nutrition has both academic and applied aspects to it. Today, research into plant mineral nutrition is more pertinent than ever in the face of a growing world population and the increasing need for sustainable agriculture. In Plant Mineral Nutrients: Methods and Protocols, expert researchers in the field detail a comprehensive collection of methodologies that are routinely used in plant mineral nutrition research. These include methods and protocols for plant growth parameters, ion contents and composition, soil analyses, flux measurements and the use of public facilities for high throughput analyses. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and key tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and practical, Plant Mineral Nutrients: Methods and Protocols seeks to aid scientist in the further study of into plants and their mineral nutrients.
- Roles and Functions of Plant Mineral Nutrients
Plant Growth and Cultivation
Protocols for Growing Plant Symbioses; Mycorrhiza.-Protocols For Growing Plant Symbioses; Hizobia
Plant Cell Suspension Cultures
Soil Analysis using Visible and Near Infrared Spectroscopy
Mineral Composition Analysis: Measuring Anion Uptake and Anion Concentrations in Plant Tissues
Multi-element Plant Tissue Analysis using ICP Spectrometry
Mapping Element Distributions in Plant Tissues using Synchrotron X-ray Fluorescence Techniques
Flux Measurements of Cations using Radioactive Tracers
Ion Flux Measurements using the MIFE Technique.-Sampling and Analysis of Phloem Sap
Methods for Xylem Sap Collection.-Plant Single Cell Sampling
Measurements of Cytosolic Ion Concentrations in Live Cells
Real Time Measurement of Cytoplasmic Ions with Ion Selective Microelectrodes
Large Scale Plant Ionomics
Applications of High-throughput Plant Phenotyping to Study Nutrient use Efficiency.
- Maathuis, Frans J.M. editor.
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-1-62703-152-3 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|