Wied Archive. General Correspondence, June-December 1852 : Correspondence .
- Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, 2017.
- Migration to new worlds.
1 online resource
- Description: Includes correspondence dealing with the Verein zum Schutze Deutscher Einwanderer in Texas.
- The Prince of Wied took little interest in the Verein, which he joined because he was engaged to the sister of its patron, the Duke of Nassau, until it became clear that the members were seen as having dishonored themselves by not paying the debts they had incurred. He then became involved in the attempt to pay the bills and encouraged renewed interest in the Verein colony in the hope of recouping the losses. He was the nephew of Prince Max of Wied, the famed explorer of the Missouri Valley.
AMDigital Reference: 2Q96, Box 1, Folder 8.
Description based on online resource (viewed on October 24, 2017).
- Adam Matthew Digital (Firm), digitiser.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|