Tasmania: Letters from Secretary of State, 1832-1833 : Correspondence [electronic resource] .
- Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, 2017.
- Migration to new worlds.
1 online resource
- Description: Administrative letters sent by R. W. Hay and Viscount Howick to Governor George Arthur in Tasmania (Van Diemen's Land), directing sums to be paid to ships masters of passenger ships transporting British emigrants to Tasmania. These letters relay detailed information relative to the assisted migration of British families travelling to Tasmania, giving specific information regarding ships, passengers and their professions, ages and accompanying family members. Unmarried women and men are also noted as amongst these emigrants and cancelled payments are crossed out on several pages. Within the letters frequent notes are made upon passenger professions, ages and accompanying family members. In one letter, there is a case of mistaken identity noted, whereby a female passenger was taken on board and paid a bounty in the place of an intended female passenger. Also includes an 'Index of Bounties' consisting of a list of total advances and grants made to individual people at the end of this volume.
- AMDigital Reference: CO 385/7.
Description based on online resource (viewed on October 24, 2017).
- Earl Grey, Grey, Charles, author.
Adam Matthews Digital (Firm), digitiser.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|