Australia: Letters from Secretary of State. Domestic, 1852-1853 : Correspondence [electronic resource] .
- Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, 2017.
- Migration to new worlds.
1 online resource
- Description: Letters sent and received by the Australian Secretary of State, many of which refer to European applications for emigration to the Australian colonies. Many letters refer specifically to bounty and assisted emigration schemes, the relaxation of requirements and funds created to support assisted emigration applications. Related printed notices and forms for applying for free passage and bounty emigration are also enclosed. Emigrant selection, principally of unmarried men of the labouring classes is also referred to within these letters, along with the price of passage to Australia and Canada. Alterations and enforcement of the Navigation Act is a common theme of these letters. Prices of lands and the sale of crown lands in Australian colonies and Canada are also noted.
- AMDigital Reference: CO 385/26.
Description based on online resource (viewed on October 24, 2017).
- Adam Matthews Digital (Firm), digitiser.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|