Emigration Australia: Letters from Secretary of State. Domestic. Volume 2 : Correspondence [electronic resource] .
- Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, 2017.
- Migration to new worlds.
1 online resource
- Description: Letters sent on behalf of the Commissioners for Emigration in Great Britain, predominantly by Sir Thomas Frederick Elliot. Many letters here refer to applications and rejections for free or assisted passage to emigrate to British colonies in America and Australia. Other letters discuss land sales in the colonies, advances ordered for the transportation of emigrants to Australia and the encouragement of agricultural labourers and mechanics to the Australian colonies. Explanations of assistance offered to emigrants of varying social classes and marital statuses are also common. There is also mention of convicts being transported and arrangements made for their families to join them and to children of soldiers being unable to claim lands granted to family members in the British colonies. At the end of this volume there is an index listing letters by date, recipient and a brief summary of their contents.
- AMDigital Reference: CO 385/13.
Description based on online resource (viewed on October 24, 2017).
- Viscount Goderich, Robinson, Frederick John, author.
Adam Matthews Digital (Firm), digitiser.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|