New Zealand Company, Original Correspondence. General, Folio 2001-2650 [Part 1] : Correspondence; Newspaper [electronic resource] .
- Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, 2017.
- Migration to new worlds.
1 online resource
- Description: Letters between agents of The New Zealand Company and proprietors of land purchased from them. Most discuss land warrants issued, land transfers and compensation granted for county sections in New Plymouth. There are also lists of landholders, setting against individual names the type of land allocated to them and the price. Printed copies of land transfer certificates are included, along with a copy of the Sydney Morning Herald displaying adverts for land sales offered by the New Zealand Company in Wellington, Nelson, New Plymouth and Otago. Other letters refer to applications for free and assisted emigration made by labourers and their families, promote the improvement of passenger conditions on board emigrant vessels, and report of measles amongst passengers on the 'Eden'.
- The New Zealand Company was a chartered company formed in 1839 and incorporated in 1841 with power to buy, sell, settle and cultivate land in New Zealand. It did not prove a satisfactory agency for colonising New Zealand and was induced to surrender its charters in 1850. It was finally dissolved in 1858.
AMDigital Reference: CO 208/74.
Description based on online resource (viewed on October 24, 2017).
- Adam Matthews Digital (Firm), digitiser.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|