New Zealand Company, Original Correspondence. General, Folio 1501-2000 : Correspondence [electronic resource] .
- Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, 2017.
- Migration to new worlds.
1 online resource
- Description: Letters to and from the New Zealand Company about emigration, free passage, land purchases and shipping. The item also includes a printed booklet from the College for Civil Engineers, which was sent with a letter to Francis Dillon Bell recommending working with the college in order to supply New Zealand with necessary numbers of qualified civil engineers.
- The New Zealand Company was a chartered company formed in 1839 and incorporated in 1841 with power to buy, sell, settle and cultivate land in New Zealand. It did not prove a satisfactory agency for colonising New Zealand and was induced to surrender its charters in 1850. It was finally dissolved in 1858.
AMDigital Reference: CO 208/14.
Description based on online resource (viewed on October 24, 2017).
- Adam Matthews Digital (Firm), digitiser.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|