New Zealand Company, Original Correspondence. General, Folio 1501-2000 : Correspondence [electronic resource] .
- Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, 2017.
- Migration to new worlds.
1 online resource
- Description: Letters concerning the New Zealand Company, including applications by skilled labourers for passage to the colonies, an offer to supply the company ships with medicine, concentrated milk and cream, and letters from the directors of the company. There is also a printed document about the conditions on board a company ship and the supplies required for a voyage, and a manuscript account of the annual meeting of company directors, held on 31 May 1849. An edition of Lloyd's List from 9 June 1849 is also included. The final item in the document is an inventory for a ship auction.
- The New Zealand Company was a chartered company formed in 1839 and incorporated in 1841 with power to buy, sell, settle and cultivate land in New Zealand. It did not prove a satisfactory agency for colonising New Zealand and was induced to surrender its charters in 1850. It was finally dissolved in 1858.
AMDigital Reference: CO 208/65.
Description based on online resource (viewed on October 24, 2017).
- Adam Matthews Digital (Firm), digitiser.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|