Confocal Raman microscopy / Jan Toporski, Thomas Dieing, Olaf Hollricher, editors.
- Second edition.
- Cham, Switzerland : Springer, 
- Springer series in surface sciences ; 0931-5195 66.
Springer series in surface sciences, 0931-5195 ; volume 66
xxiv, 596 pages : illustrations (some color), maps, portraits ; 25 cm.
- Raman spectroscopy.
- Medical subjects:
- Spectrum Analysis, Raman.
- "This second edition provides a cutting-edge overview of the physical, technical and scientific aspects related to the widely used analytical method of confocal Raman microscopy. The book includes expanded background information and adds insights into how confocal Raman microscopy, especially 3D Raman imaging, can be integrated with other methods to produce a variety of correlative microscopy combinations. The benefits are then demonstrated and supported by numerous examples from the fields of materials science, 2D materials, the life sciences, pharmaceutical research and development, as well as the geosciences"--Page 4 of cover.
- Part I. Introduction: Raman's discovery in historical context
Part II. Theory and technology: High resolution optical and confocal microscopy
Introduction to the fundamentals of Raman spectroscopy
Raman instrumentation for confocal Raman microscopy
Software requirements and data analysis in confocal Raman microscopy
Resolution and performance of 3D confocal Raman imaging systems
Part III. New materials: Nano-spectroscopy of individual carbon nanotubes and isolated graphene sheets
Characterization of graphene by confocal Raman spectroscopy
Low frequency Raman scattering of two-dimensional materials beyond graphene
Part IV. Geosciences: Raman spectroscopy and confocal Raman imaging in mineralogy and petrography
Application of Raman imaging in UHPM research
Multiscale chemical imaging of complex biological and archaeological materials
Part V. Life sciences and pharmaceutics: Raman micro-spectral imaging of cells and intracellular drug delivery using nanocarrier systems
Raman imaging of biomedical samples
ISERS microscopy for tissue-based cancer diagnostics with SERS nanotags
Confocal Raman microscopy in pharmaceutical development
Raman spectroscopy in skin research and dermal drug delivery
Characterization of therapeutic coatings on medical devices
Raman imaging of plant cell walls
Part VI. Materials science: Confocal Raman imaging of polymeric materials
Stress analysis by means of Raman microscopy
Confocal Raman microscopy can make a large difference : resolving and manipulating ferroelectric domains for piezelectric engineering
Part VII. Correlative microscopy: RISE : correlative confocal Raman and scanning electron microscopy.
- Considerably revised new edition.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Emma Louise McClellan Fund.
- Emma Louise McClellan Fund.
Toporski, Jan, editor.
Dieing, Thomas, editor.
Hollricher, Olaf, editor.
- Other Edition:
- Revision of: . 9783642125218 Heidelberg [Germany] ; New York : Springer, ©2010
Revision of: . 9783642125218 Heidelberg [Germany] ; New York : Springer, Â©2010
- Other format:
- Online version: Confocal Raman Microscopy.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|